I figured something out.

Options
It's not motivation I lack, it's the will power and drive to over come my cravings and laziness that I lack. How the heck do I change that?

Replies

• Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight enough, you WILL do it. If I can, anyone can, And I can.
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure because I started losing to get out of a depression but I CAN tell you that when you have to buy new clothes because the ones you have are too big, you'll be WAY motivated to keep it up. :)
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Gotta just push through it... it'll come!
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    Eating close to your daily goal should help a lot with cravings, and if there's something you really want, try to work it in. As for exercise, if you make a promise to yourself to stick with it for a month, you will feel so amazing that you won't want to quit. Another plus, the more active you are, the more calories you are allotted and the easier it is to squeeze in whatever you might be craving! It's a win-win.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It truly is the power of your mind. You must make a decision and follow through. You are worth it..

Best of luck and friend me if you want support...
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I typically have no willpower when it comes to yummy food but hit 40 and realized I suddenly couldn't just eat whatever I wanted so cut back. It's amazing once I started allowing myself just a little bit of something I really like and cut way back on sugar, that I really didn't crave it so much anymore. You have to really really WANT to lose that weight. Nothing tastes as good as being in shape feels!:wink:
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there is one magic answer that is for everyone.

But, one thing I do know about humans and their behaviors.....is that change tends to come as soon as you get sick and tired of where you are.

So- when you are completely sick and tired of of not being able to overcome what you describe as laziness, you will start to overcome it.

:flowerforyou:
  • shimmy530
    shimmy530 Posts: 6
    Options
    I've been having the same problem. I'd take a good look at pictures of good bodies of men and women ;) works sometimes.
  • rdfhunter
    rdfhunter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Take everything one day at a time. Worry about each day & not tomorrow or next week.
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It's called "A Life Style Change." We have to find a combination of eating habits and exercising that work's best for us as an individual.

-try breaking up your workouts
    -do not refrain from eating the things you like, this is not a diet
    -if you are over your goals, don't panic, just slowly make changes....

I see a lot of people here that want to LOSE WEIGHT FAST. Fast weight loss is not the solution.

**** Adopting A Healthier Lifestyle is The Key to Our Overall Success.****

GIRL POWER! :blushing:
  • harpalind
    harpalind Posts: 7
    Options
    Just keep going, most of the cravings will go away most of the time. Didn't you just love seeing the scale go down those 6 pounds? Imagine how good it will feel when it keeps going down :wink:

I found that in the beginning I was always hungry and I thought 1500 kcal per day was to low so I went to the gym to earn my dinner. Now going to the gym and losing weight keeps me happy even if I barely go over 1500.

Then it is good to have one day that you can indulge in what you crave the most, just don't go overboard, and don't feel bad, keep going.

If you fall of the wagon it's not the end of the world, just pick yourself up and start again :smile:
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Motivation controls your focus on what youw ant to achieve. If you have no motivation, you will have no desire to even do better, so you won't do anything at all.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What are you eating most of the time?

I just ask because it seems that when I eat 'clean' food - lots of veggies, fruit, lean protein, nuts, really good carbs - then the cravings lessen significantly.

But when I eat the trifecta combo of sugary/salty/fatty - and refined carbs - watch out, because I will get cravings that just won't stop.

Try eating clean, REALLY clean, whole food for about 2 weeks. You can do that. No cheats for two weeks. You can do ANYTHING for two weeks. And by then, I believe that you may find the cravings subside. So it may not be your motivation at all.

Just a thought.