Discouraged

Options
I am so discouraged this morning after weighing my self. I had a 1 lb gain, and most days this week I managed to eat a little under my daily calories. I am not exercising, but I guess after this last week I have to start. Not wanting to give up.

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your portions on a kitchen food scale? If not, you may be eating more than you think.
  • NatalieThomas90
    NatalieThomas90 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    stick at it, I had a bad week recently where I lost less than a lb and I had been SO good.
    the following week I lost 5lbs... some weeks our bodies just love to store water and try to put us off trying.

im the worst for having a bad week/day and eating my entire cupboards as comfort.

follow me if you need motivation :)
  • Kyotojunkie
    Kyotojunkie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think many health websites such as the NHS recommend taking an average weight over a week rather than the ups and downs of daily changes.
  • Gcblais
    Gcblais Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your portions on a kitchen food scale? If not, you may be eating more than you think.

I have not been weighing things with scale, but think I will buy one just to be sure.
  • Ims0
    Ims0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Gcblais: I'm feeling that... I had a bad one last week. But this is when you really need to be strong! It's most difficult when you stagnate despite your best efforts - unfortunately these weeks are inevitable. The suggestion about weighing food is a good one, that's what I've started doing as well and it really helped. Push through and know that next week will be a good one if you just keep going. You can do it!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Keep going. I was up .2 this morning but know it must be water retention as I weigh my food and record everything. Give it a week, don't give up.
  • Jessjmd78
    Jessjmd78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As disappointed as you may feel DONT GIVE UP. I've experienced this too many times to mention and its horrible. I especially dred period week because without fail my blasted body keeps hold of everything.

Unfortunately weeks like these are inevitable. You've just got to stay strong. You may be doing everything right, but your body is trying to adjust to the changes. It will catch up soon enough.

To be sure you're still doing everything right take time to check out your nutrition charts. Make sure you've been getting the balance of each food type right. I've made mistakes here before.

I agree with weighing your food. As much of a pain as it is getting those portion sizes right is the key.

Exercise is a good next step too. You may be keeping within your calorie allowance but you also need to make sure you're burning off more than you're taking in.

Exercise is my personal nemesis. I hate it with a passion. Have tried alsorts but have resigned myself to the fact I will never enjoy it. It is merely a necessary evil for me.

As hard as it is try and put this week behind you and focus on going forward. Dont give in x