Under calories but over other things

Options
Will I still lose if I go over the recommended categories daily allowance but my calories are under?

Replies

• jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    you should yes, to much sodium will make you retain water which will affect the scale weight. I didn't pay much attention to my other macro's, except protein. I don't use the macro itself, I prefer to go for a set amount of protein everyday, about 140 grams.
  • Njforever
    Njforever Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Are you having success with using this app? I just started yesterday and so far I like it. I went over with some of the things but my calories say I still have around 200. I'm done eating for the day so hopefully it will be ok.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I lost 110lbs in 2015 using this app.
  • Njforever
    Njforever Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh wow that is amazing! Good for you. I need to lose about 80lbs. Fingers crossed I can do this once and for all.
  • coderlaury
    coderlaury Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    you should yes, to much sodium will make you retain water which will affect the scale weight. I didn't pay much attention to my other macro's, except protein. I don't use the macro itself, I prefer to go for a set amount of protein everyday, about 140 grams.

Great job!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    DrDaveL wrote: »
    It depends on your body type and the category. Working with a licensed naturopath or functional medicine doctor can help you find the some of the biochemical and nutritional imbalances to work on. The biggest thing to understand is that is not always about calories. Food has calories AND information for your genes, so the type of food you eat is way, way, way more important than eating fewer calories. Best of luck on your journey. Dr Dave

[Edited by MFP Mods]

Science keeps disagreeing with your assertion. Calories in versus calories out ... what it all comes down to in every controlled environment. That holds true no matter how many threads you spam with your fallacies.
  • wrightmsw
    wrightmsw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Njforever wrote: »
    Thank you! Are you having success with using this app? I just started yesterday and so far I like it. I went over with some of the things but my calories say I still have around 200. I'm done eating for the day so hopefully it will be ok.

I always seem to have calories left. Been using this app since December, it really makes me think about what I am eating
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If you're over on all three: protein, carbs, and fat but under on calories-recheck your logging. If you are over on one or two and under on the other, then you are okay.