when do you start seeing weightloss in other places

Options
I notice that most of my weightloss shows in my chest,arms and face! When should I expect to see a good change in the tummy and hip area? Eventually will it all even itself out?

Replies

• AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to find out the answer to this as well. >.<
  • akossen
    akossen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I feel ya, for some reason the scale and mirror arent on the same page..LOL :) Keep up the great work!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You lose weight wherever your body decides to release it. There's no set time. Everyone is different. Typically, you lose last what you gained first. For me, my thighs are last to go.
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    it definitely takes time to begin to see the weight loss in other places... and some people's bodies are just more apt to loosing in some places more than others. theres also different foods that you can eat that help to reduce belly fat too like whole grains and greek yogurt. Cardio exercises like running help a lot too.
  • DedicatedDiva
    Options
    I'm having the same issues. My personal trainer said sugar and carbs, so that's what brought me to this site...sure enough once I cut down on the sugar the inches started coming off!! It wasn't the calorie intake for me, but the sugar intake from fruits, yogurt, etc. that was putting me way over my daily need!!

Love this site, good luck all!! We didn't gain weight over night, so don't expect it to be easy...stick with it and results will come!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    that's going to be the last place you see weight loss probably. everyone looses weight differently, so I can't tell you a specific answer. It could start comming off tomorrow, or it could stay on for months!
    For me, my stomach was one of the first places I gained weight, and it will be one of the last places i will lose weight from.
    It took me literally less than a week to see a difference in my arms and neck, and collar bone area.
    My stomach sticks out less because my diet is healthier and I'm not bloated all the time, but I don't feel like i've lost ANY fat from my tummy or thighs. (although i've lost 4 inches it doesn't seem like it)
    I find that the stomach is very hard to lose weight from, and you can't spot treat it.
    Chances are when you get 2 pounds from your goal or even AT your goal, you will still see that your tummy still has a little layer of fat =]
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ditto. Everyone loses weight differently but the spots we cherish the most are usually the last ones to look good. Just keep your head up and keep losing weight and eventually you'll look more as you expect. Good luck.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You lose the big part last..... So if you have a stomach, that will be last and hardest to lose.....
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issues. My personal trainer said sugar and carbs, so that's what brought me to this site...sure enough once I cut down on the sugar the inches started coming off!! It wasn't the calorie intake for me, but the sugar intake from fruits, yogurt, etc. that was putting me way over my daily need!!

Love this site, good luck all!! We didn't gain weight over night, so don't expect it to be easy...stick with it and results will come!

sugar is DEFINITELY a huge factor... sugar adds tummy fat, i actually don't eat processed sugar for that reason
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    strangely I am losing in the places where I gained first, thighs and belly. I am doing the best I can to stick to my calorie goals on here by eating meals that are mostly 200 to 400 calories with some snacks mixed in. I am running 2 to 3 days a week, and usually mix in some Tae Bo or Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights twice a week. Despite really losing in two of my problem areas, I know that it'll take quite a while until they are where I would like them to be, but I am positive that I can get my 6 pack back!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    You lose the big part last..... So if you have a stomach, that will be last and hardest to lose.....

That's no entirely true... I had a HUGE stomach when I started. I didn't measure at the time but I suspect it was over 50 inches. I dropped those inches really quickly and only now is the weight starting to come off of my upper arms, back, and thighs.
  • DedicatedDiva
    Options
    I thought I ate very minimal processed sugar. I think any sugar is bad when trying to loose weight. My biggest sugar contributor on a daily basis was Chobani yogurt....23g!!! Now I get the fat free non-flavored and its only 6, what a huge difference...even if I add my own blueberries, it doesn't even compare!