Are you losing weight for a makeover?

Options
i_love_vinegar
i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
What I mean by this is, besides losing weight are you also planning on making over other aspects of yourself such as hair, makeup, fashion, skin care?

I'm losing weight for a makeover. I'm planning on taking up a Korean fashion called "Ulzzang" -- some people find it creepy, but most likely due to my liking of Japanese animation (anime), I really like it! The goal is pretty much to look like a living doll/anime character. My profile has photos of some of my goal looks :)

I'm excited to lose the weight and have a makeover!

How about you? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So you're going to have plastic surgery done? I'm confused?
  • shimmy530
    shimmy530 Posts: 6
    Options
    I personally think if you're in good shape, you don't really need to become one of that. I'm Korean, and those photos of what you call ulzzang is not really what people consider nowadays. It's more of being confident in how you look!! (though it still is the best to have a great shape)
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    So your going to have plastic surgery done? I'm confused?

Yeah...just looked it up.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to a total lifestyle makeover (having more confidence, taking more risks, dressing better, trying new things) and losing weight is a huge piece of the puzzle for me.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm Korean too and I don't look like that. I don't get people's fascination with it either. With that said, I also think everyone has their motivating factor and if it keeps you motivated... then good for you! Great job on losing 2 lbs already. :)
  • bjohs
    Options
    On my own personal makeover, I will be treating myself to a brand new wardrobe as soon as I hit my goal. I have purchased items here and there as I needed smaller sizes, but I only purchased things that I absolutely loved and looked flattering on me. Out went all of the big, dumpy, frumpy clothes. :)
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I want to like the women for the Nike Women campaign. I want to be strong, lean and confident. Also, I used to model when i was younger, but it was more alternative glamour stuff, (think suicide girls). So, once I have the body I want, a photographer is going to do a shoot the new me. Not glamour, just looking strong and lean and confident!
    It's my incentive. I'm not a manicure kinda girl and couldn't think of any prize other than a bag bad meal! Haha!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    So you're going to have plastic surgery done? I'm confused?

No, no. I'm not that extreme although I have nothing against those who get plastic surgery. :smile:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest....I have told my husband he definately needs to nominate me for "What Not To Wear" when I reach goal...lol...so I can get a new wardrobe! :love:
  • kandraj
    kandraj Posts: 48
    Options
    I can't completely say that I am losing as part of a makeover. The number one reason that I MUST lose is for wardrobe purposes, but it won't be a new one. It will be for the one that I already have!!!

I have lots of clothes, in particular dresses, which I love to wear. However, with this weight that I decided to pick up and couldn't put back down, I haven't been able to fit into many of my own clothes.

So, once I am able to wear my own clothes, it will feel like a new wardrobe. As a matter of fact, I have at least ten dresses with tags on them, that are three years old. I MUST, I MUST, I MUST wear my own clothes....
  • bjohs
    Options
    To be completely honest....I have told my husband he definately needs to nominate me for "What Not To Wear" when I reach goal...lol...so I can get a new wardrobe! :love:

I love that show!!! :)
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I actually know what you're talking about~. Yay for ullzang!
    I sort of am...I already walk around in decora and such, but I want to look better in it. I'm tall, so I at least have to be skinny.
    Plus my hair is completely fried, so I'm switching to wigs instead of dying it.
    And that's my makeover~ish thing.