Let's celebrate our non-scale victories!

Options
We may be focused on our journey mostly based on the number on the scale...

We can't lose focus on all the small things that add up to a big picture success story!

My Non-scale victories today are:

1) I actually did a 30 second plank, without wanting to die.
2) I went over my normal steps by 1k
3) I pre logged my whole day and stuck with it!

NOW - your turn!

Replies

• lizetrombley
    lizetrombley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've not been able to wear my wedding ring for the last 5 years, tried it on today and it slipped right on :-).
    Also tried on a pair of jeans this weekend that i havent been able to wear in years and it was loose
  • ponybrown
    ponybrown Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that my skin is glowing since re-committing to healthy eating in late December.

I've been checking my legs out when I pass the full length mirror in my apartment; they're getting leaner and more toned.

I have a much better comfort level in the weights area of the gym. No longer feel like an 'outsider' but one of the team.
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can stay on the elliptical longer,my shirts are looser...I need a belt lol
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    After 2 weeks, I'm down an entire inch on my waist!! So extatic to discover that!!
  • LaurenJB2014
    LaurenJB2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The watch that was leaving marks on my skin is now much looser.

Managed to do my workout this week with heavier weights fairly comfortably.

Exercised 8 days running last week and realised it's really not that difficult.

Not eating a burger in 6 weeks and not missing it!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 lbs this last month.
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fitting into old clothes..... Two pairs of jeans a pair of shorts and a bra!
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I posted a picture of myself on Facebook, for everyone to see, and I still don't want to take it down and hide it.

For me, that's a huge victory.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My clothes are fitting looser. I've started hooking my bra on the middle hooks instead of the last hook.
  • macbblue
    macbblue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a coca cola (one of my biggest weaknesses) in 16 days and counting....this is huge for me!
  • KimmyJaneTD
    KimmyJaneTD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    macbblue wrote: »
    I haven't had a coca cola (one of my biggest weaknesses) in 16 days and counting....this is huge for me!

I understand this! Great job!
  • KimmyJaneTD
    Options
    I posted a picture of myself on Facebook, for everyone to see, and I still don't want to take it down and hide it.

For me, that's a huge victory.

Wow, awesome!
  • KimmyJaneTD
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I lost 5 lbs this last month.
    Great job!
  • KimmyJaneTD
    Options
    samchez0 wrote: »
    My clothes are fitting looser. I've started hooking my bra on the middle hooks instead of the last hook.

Better start saving for new clothes ;)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I love reading others nsv! it starts my day off on a cheerful note :) I've decided to walk to work this morning and Im looking forwards to it
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am only weighing in once a month so I can focus on the changes in my body, rather than the scale. There is something to be said about delayed gratification.

I did 120 20" box jumps.
    I can squat 180lbs was with a regular squat rack..
    All my shirts and pants are loose.
    I got my gym flow back. Yay!
    The weigh in will be icing on top of my future hot body.
  • juicynsweet
    juicynsweet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My non-scale victories are:

1) I can swim longer.
    2) My tummy is getting smaller. (I can actually see the difference.)
    3) My skinny jeans that couldn't fit past my thighs. I can now wear. :)
    4) I like my coffee black now.
    5) I'm more motivated then I've ever been.
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to recognize more and more the importance of NSV. It's always great to see the number on the scale go down - don't get me wrong - it's validation and reward for the hard work that is put into this process. I love to read these kinds of threads though, because it helps to keep things in perspective, and it gives me something to look forward to. :smile:

I tried a water aerobics class for the first time this week, and for the first time in a long time, I was able to wear my cover up over my swimsuit without it feeling like it was cutting off my circulation by my armpits! When I came to work the next day, one of my coworkers said that she noticed a difference around my bra line area too. So exciting!
  • rachelsanantonio
    Options
    I've only had two diet sodas in 2016, this is a huge improvement for me. And I went from not being able to run a quarter mile at the beginning of December to being able to run 1.5 miles as of Tuesday. I've never in my life run 1.5 miles. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!