!*! FEBRUARY 2016 Walking Challenge !*!

Options

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    elbubble wrote: »
    1hr of walking on sand, 1hr of street walking. Runner glided past me on beach, all I could think of was one day I too shall swap my squirty cream thighs for buns of steel.
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    elbubble wrote: »
    1hr of walking on sand, 1hr of street walking. Runner glided past me on beach, all I could think of was one day I too shall swap my squirty cream thighs for buns of steel.

LOL! This made me laugh! I am SO with you!

I try not to look down while walking...I have a bit much fluid motion of the thighs. I like to watch joggers/runners, but am pretty sure I will never look like they do. I have to remember never to compare myself to others. Now, I do have some muscle definition and it definitely was hiding under all my fat for a while. As of this morning, I am now down 77 lbs.

• soummer
    soummer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    I have to remember never to compare myself to others. Now, I do have some muscle definition and it definitely was hiding under all my fat for a while. As of this morning, I am now down 77 lbs.

Wonderful! WTG!
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    soummer wrote: »
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    I have to remember never to compare myself to others. Now, I do have some muscle definition and it definitely was hiding under all my fat for a while. As of this morning, I am now down 77 lbs.

Wonderful! WTG!

Thank you :D
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    Walk Basement 6,916 steps 1:06:25 375 cals
  • delsey2007
    delsey2007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Walked 1.5 about a half hour at 3.0-3.5
  • reddlionheart
    reddlionheart Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    1 Feb 12,397 steps
  • ronni4087
    ronni4087 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    2/1 - 10,126 steps
  • doosalily15
    doosalily15 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Walked 2 miles on this cold n windy evening. Got a lil colder as I was walking & on way bk wind made my eyes water & froze my sweat lol (well it felt like it) I just called for a ride home. Welcome February & Goodnight everyone
  • bridgettetodd9
    bridgettetodd9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1.1 miles on my lunch break today.
  • anewkold
    anewkold Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    February 1 18,977
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm in again!
    I got lazy as January went on, especially the last week, so hopefully this month I can at least keep a decent weekly average. :smile:
    I may not post daily, but i'll update it every few days at the least, with every day of walking.
    For January I did Total steps, steps outside of work (since i'm on my feet all day at work anyway, its nice to see what i'm doing when i'm not working), and total distance.
    This month I'll just do total steps and distance.
    I'll be rounding them off though, almost always rounding down though, just to never over-estimate!
  • cpliego
    cpliego Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is my first time joining on any MFP challenge!

02.01.2016 — 5,953 steps | 2.46 miles
  • whitneymorgan1
    whitneymorgan1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Today I walked 1834 steps equaling to 0.88 miles.
  • doosalily15
    doosalily15 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    an app for audio books.plz
  • Bobbibooth
    Bobbibooth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Last week 125,910 steps 52.58 miles 372 floors!!
  • NerineLuna
    NerineLuna Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I managed to eat healthier in January quite well, but exercise and being more active has been a bit lacking. Hope joining some of these challenges will help.

Feb 1 = 6,048 steps (53 min)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    02/02/2016 3 miles walked, 4:30am, 40 degrees, lighter layers and headlamp needed. Clothespin would have helped too as I met up with a skunk during this walk! Blech! Didn't spray me, but I startled him and he sprayed in the direction that I ran; so I had to walk back through his "fog". A smell that will make you sick to your stomach!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

February 1--12,515 steps

:) I am fortunate to live in NW Washington where the weather is cooperative so I can walk outside every day

• quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Last warm day of the week today. Supposed to get up to 60 this afternoon, so I'm definitely planning an outdoor walk while I can!!