Weight loss little to none?

Options
Hi, I'm posting about my weightloss journey and I just want to know if anyone else is having this problem?

I currently am running 35-50 minutes a day 6x a week at a moderate pase (around a 5.5 mile pace) and I have started this about three weeks ago! I haven't lost much and I've been eating around 1200 calories a day.. Is there any reason I'm not losing? I'm currently 133 and want to be down to 125

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    What does "around 1200" a day mean? If you are estimating your food, you don't really know. With as little weight as you want to lose, precision is everything. And if you just recently started that vigorous exercise program, your muscles are probably retaining water, masking any weight you might have lost. Log your food accurately and be patient.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You're eating around 1200 calories and haven't "lost much"? So what have you lost? With your goals you should have MFP set to lose .5 lbs per week, eat those calories plus your exercise calories back.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    2xws71yo9u8m.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K
  • mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A)start lifting a little for optimal fat/calorie burn b) you're not eating enough if you are truly just eating 1200. Your body is just trying to hold on to its energy. I'm 124 and eat almost 1800. Granted I worked up to that but you need to fuel your body for it to give you what you want.
  • smurfbus
    smurfbus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This ^
  • gilldunkley
    gilldunkley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough of the right foods and tracking everything? I'm 5' 4", sub-20% BF, 124lbs and losing easily on way more kcals than you are currently consuming. I totally agree with mmarie_3 and smurfbus, fuel yourself with the right food so your body doesn't feel deprived and maybe think about lifting heavy. I noticed a big difference in body composition when I eliminated isolation exercises and focussed on the compound lifts plus chin/pull ups and also reduced my cardio.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking that 1,200? Are you logging everything you eat? If so, how are you measuring the food that you eat?
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose, you simply cannot approximate. Your logging has to be super tight.
  • MorganLange508
    MorganLange508 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been logging, measuring, and weighing my foods to the point since I've started, I've only went over my calories once in the month I've been doing this and it was only by 300 calories! Should I up my intensity of my workouts? It it helps I'm 5"4
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Yoinsaid you measure, but do you weigh all of you solid/semi solid food? Measuring cups should only be used for liquids.
  • MorganLange508
    MorganLange508 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No I have a food scale for all of my foods, I don't over weigh my food either! I just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem as I have been having
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    eat more calories.try a high carb low fat diet.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

If she's not losing at her current intake, she's not going to lose weight with more calories. Also, high carb/low fat diets do not induce more weight loss.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

what the what!? :confounded:

• tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options

lol that's not the diet tweaking advice I usually hear on here...its usually high fat low carb
  • Christine_72
    Options

lol that's not the diet tweaking advice I usually hear on here...its usually high fat low carb

Yeah true.

A bit of additional info along with "up your calories AND carbs (and reduce fat :huh: , might be useful...

• tanyaltrl
    tanyaltrl Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Yeah true.

A bit of additional info along with "up your calories AND carbs (and reduce fat :huh: , might be useful...

I agree, high carb low fat is the way to go for lasting results, and to not set yourself up for heart disease. This is opposite from how our government and diet industry tells us because they want us to feed into the meat/dairy industry. Yes if you're eating meat and diary you need to restrict calories to lose weight. If you're vegan and not restricting calories, your body is more efficient at burning calories and eating the minimum fat you need means you're less likely to store it. I know many of you will be quick to come up with counter arguments, but again we have to question where this information comes from? Most nutritional studies are funded by the meat and dairy industry to some degree, especially if they're the ones getting publicized. Im just leaving this reply here so you know theres another side to consider.

http://youtu.be/kOfF_r2R8QM

http://youtu.be/fZtPGyLaiHE
  • Christine_72
    Options
    tanyaltrl wrote: »

Yeah true.

I agree, high carb low fat is the way to go for lasting results, and to not set yourself up for heart disease. This is opposite from how our government and diet industry tells us because they want us to feed into the meat/dairy industry. Yes if you're eating meat and diary you need to restrict calories to lose weight. If you're vegan and not restricting calories, your body is more efficient at burning calories and eating the minimum fat you need means you're less likely to store it. I know many of you will be quick to come up with counter arguments, but again we have to question where this information comes from? Most nutritional studies are funded by the meat and dairy industry to some degree, especially if they're the ones getting publicized. Im just leaving this reply here so you know theres another side to consider.

http://youtu.be/kOfF_r2R8QM

http://youtu.be/fZtPGyLaiHE

I didn't write my sentence out clearly. I meant that the poster who recommended high carb, low fat should have explained her theory, and not just written a blanket statement with no further detail explaining WHY?

FTR I'd be perpetually hungry on high carb, low fat. It is not a good fit for me, been there done that!

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    You're similar in size to me. I'm at 131 and trying to lose just a few more pounds. I have to say these last five pounds have been a LOT of work. Getting from 137 to 131 took more effort than the first 75 lbs. I lost. When you're so close to your goal weight it takes time. I hovered around 135 for a couple weeks before finally seeing changes on the scale. If you're retaining water from exercise it could be masking any true loss. If you really are weighing all your food and logging accurately then stick with it.