positive friends & any christians?

Options
2»

Replies

• Itisneeded
    Itisneeded Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am a 59 year old, married mother of many, as well as a grandmother. I know what it's like to lose, gain, lose, and gain again. I had gone down from 150 to 133, but gained some back. I am hypothyroid, and every time I gain weight, my free thyroid level goes too low,- or maybe it's the other way around. Anyway, it's hard to keep it at the right level. I am struggling to stay within my calorie limit these days. It's only set at 1450 cal, since I don't really have time to exercise much, though I do stay active. So far, I have learned that it's important to never give up. You haven't lost the fight until you give up fighting, so don't give up no matter what. I have been a Christian for a long time, and would love to be an encouragement to anyone who needs it. So if you don't mind my age, feel free to add me any time.
  • starmickey03
    starmickey03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love this post. Everyone, please feel free to add me!
  • piggybunny89
    piggybunny89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Linda. Im christian too. Add me if you want or anybody else lol
  • Akronite2025
    Akronite2025 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your Journey! Jesus is going to be apart of my Journey as well. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • rhonda6375
    rhonda6375 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Christian mom of 2 teenagers. Feel free to add me if you like. I have about 70-80 pounds to lose.
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a married mom of three and I love Jesus! Today is my birthday and I have been seriously working on my lifestyle since Jan 4 2016 and have lost 11 pounds so far! I would love some christian ladies to cheer on along this journey! Please add me if you would like! :)
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @jtodacheeny! You alreasy have the best gift anyone can have, Jesus as your savior. Now you are giving yourself another great gift, a healthy lifestyle. Good for you! No one else can give you that gift.
  • pdiddy2135
    pdiddy2135 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hoo! Go Jesus! :)
  • jgerv91
    jgerv91 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is so great to see. I would love to get some motivation from my brothers and sisters in Christian :)
  • brookie96768
    brookie96768 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You sound like a blessing of an addition in anyone's life! I am also looking to lose 20 pounds after a bad break up that left my confidence lowered along with my bank account. But I am ready to get on the "eat your heart out" diet where I am in the best shape of my life! And I definitely can't do it without a few friends and a whole 'lotta Jesus! Add me if you'd like!
  • angiempierce9
    angiempierce9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Matthew 19:26 King James Bible
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I have struggled with obesity my entire life. Eight years ago I lost over 90lbs....got married and gained it all plus some back. I really have been struggling with the up and down back and fourth. With God's help we can all do this. I pray that each person on this thread will reach their goal and live a healthier lifestyle.
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Matthew 19:26 King James Bible
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I have struggled with obesity my entire life. Eight years ago I lost over 90lbs....got married and gained it all plus some back. I really have been struggling with the up and down back and fourth. With God's help we can all do this. I pray that each person on this thread will reach their goal and live a healthier lifestyle.

Amen! I am also a person who has fought her weight all her life. I too lost over 90 pounds about 3 years ago. I gained it back just because I like to eat, don't like to exercise, and self-discipline is a weakness for me. I am a food addict.

With the surrender of my will to God and allowing him to work through my life I can lose the weight and keep it off. It won't always be easy but it will be worth it. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9