Always bloated

Options
For the past week I've been bloated mostly after I eat, I know I've been eating a lot of gassy foods like vegetables and grains, but after I eat them I'm bloated till the very next day and it won't go away. Suggestions?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Have you tried going for a walk? Are you drinking enough water with all that fiber? What is your daily fiber?
  • heatherwartanyan
    heatherwartanyan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Incorporate digestive spices. Cumin, ginger, cardamom, fennel. And cook your veggies. Raw veggies are harder to digest. Also if you are mixing fruit and dairy that could be a problem as well. As fruit is fast digesting and dairy is slow. Very bad for the body.
  • guzmandiegoftw
    guzmandiegoftw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you tried going for a walk? Are you drinking enough water with all that fiber? What is your daily fiber?
    I take in 35g of fiber each day
  • SarahEM880
    SarahEM880 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea is brilliant for bloating. Try drinking a cup after your meals
  • WeaverMission
    WeaverMission Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bloating could be for a number of reasons. Personally I have IBS and I follow FODMAP principles when eating (you'll prob have to google these they arent very well publicized) but in essence its proven that there are a number of 'trigger' foods which can cause digestive issues including bloating in alot of people.
    It may be worth looking at as you could have a really common 'bloating' trigger...wheat, garlic, onion, beans, high sugar vegs and certain fruit, lactose, grains etc etc

Not sure how helpful this answer is as everyone's different. Maybe just look at substituting/changing something once a week until you get the answers you need

Peppermint and mixed mint tea is also very good as per the earlier comment.
  • perdygreeneyes
    perdygreeneyes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have struggled for 1 1/2 with this issue , meanwhile gaining a tremendous amount of weight. I also was experiencing upper abdominal pain. I saw my Dr. And she suggested then to eat healthier. I was also sent for ultrasound to check gallbladder. Meanwhile she also put me on 20 Mg's of omeprazole for acid reflux. Things were fine with gallbladder, meanwhile in the year and a half I waited, still bloated , full , didn't want to eat and nauseous I went back to the dr. I had not changed any of my eating habits, mainly speaking sodas. She told me to start taking a probiotic and meta-mucil (I'm now taking capsules, can not down the powder) and I gradually started eating and changing my diet. Sticking to mostly greens. Salads, spinach or romaine and baked or gfilled meat with vegetables for supper. I really started losing weight and have finally dropped soda intake. I may have 1 here or there but not guzzling all day. I started drinking water like never before (15,cups) a day!!!! Portion control as well. Also I read some where in this post where some one stated about eating raw vegetables could cause it. Well my Dr.. Just saying, recommended eating raw or barely cooked(still with firmness) it gets your body to working and speeds up metabolism. (So she said) also I had a endoscopy done yesterday, and my esophagus and stomach is red and inflamed . So I'm now on 80 mgs of omeprazole. Honestly it could be numerous things and it may be something you want to consider talking to your Dr about . I know it was very aggravating for me, and walking around after eating a meal looking 9 months + pregnant , didn't feel nor look cute. Good luck to you, I hope my story helps somewhat :smile: