Healthy Crock Pot Recipies And GO!!!!

Options
Kimmerz1
Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
I need some "Healthy" crock pot recipies and GO!!!

Replies

• cspangler33
    cspangler33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We liked this a lot, although it is spicy. I put all ingredients in 6 quart crockpot and froze the leftovers for those days I don't have time to cook.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/homemade-chicken-and-vegetable-soup-recipe.html
  • alisfitgoal
    alisfitgoal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm making slow cooker mexican beef for my supper tonight, and leftovers for salads and wraps for the week. 2 kg chuck roast, cumin, paprika, lime juice, 1/2 a red onion, 1 bell pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, beef broth, and a jar of medium salsa. Throw it all in the slow cooker and then fork apart after 8-10 hours. A good lean roast, and if the thing makes 8 servings, then it's about 375 calories a serving.
  • jplunkett272
    jplunkett272 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2 Chicken breast then 1 sliced onion on top. Then 2 sweet potatoe sliced on top of that. Then i put a 1/4 cup of orange juice just so nothing sticks to the bottom.

PINTEREST IS MY BEST FRIEND FOR RECIPES
  • Kaydoo88
    Kaydoo88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love fajitas. I use an orange and a red pepper sliced however you want, throw 3 chicken breasts on top, sprinkle a packet of taco seasoning on top and let it cook. I hate peppers and thought this was delicious. I used lettuce as my tortilla and I usually put a dab of sour cream on it.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Beef Roast + 1 jar of banana peppers poured over top of it. Cook 8-10 hours on low. I serve with baked sweet potatoes and broccoli
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    90% of our dinners are cooked in the crockpot. I have ME and SEID (Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue) and never have energy left in the evening to cook - so I throw everything into the crockpot in the morning. Here are some of our favorite meals:

Meatloaf - I use 1 lb meat (I have used ground chicken, ground turkey, ground beef, ground bison - and any combo of these), 1-1 1/2 cups of uncooked oatmeal, 2 eggs, 1 T Worcestershire sauce, 1 small onion minced, 1/2 bell pepper minced, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well and form into loaf. Spray crock with non-stick spray and place meatloaf in crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours.

Depending on the size of your crockpot - you can also cook potatoes in the crockpot at the same time. I cube potatoes, add some minced onion and garlic, and toss in a little olive oil. Then form pouches out of aluminum foil, put potatoes in pouches, seal well and place around the sides of the meatloaf.

Chicken Pot Pie - Place chicken and some chicken broth in crockpot with garlic and seasonings of choice and cook for 4-6 hours until chicken can be shredded with forks. Shred chicken and set aside. To chicken broth add greek yogurt, 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies and put your chicken back into mixture. Stir well and cook for 30-40 minutes longer. While you wait for that to finish, you can bake some biscuits or warm tortillas to be eaten with the pot pie. I have also served this over leftover mashed potatoes and my family loves it.

For days when you have a few more calories to use... this is really good sweet and sour chicken: 3-4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized cubes. Place in crockpot Pineapple chunks. Bell Pepper cut into bite sized chunks (I like to use red, yellow or orange). Minced Garlic (to your taste). 1 small onion minced. In a bowl combine 1 small bottle catalina dressing, 1/2 jar grape jelly (I prefer to use one that has no sugar added), 1 T apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup soy sauce. Mix together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve over rice or quinoa with a side of steamed broccoli.

Pork Tenderloin - Spray crockpot with non stick spray. Cover bottom of crock with minced onions and minced bell pepper. Sprinkle pork with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, chili powder and just a little truvia brown sugar blend. Put tenderloin on top of onions and cook for 6-8 hours. Take out of crock and shred, then put back into crock and stir in all juices. This can be used for pulled pork on top of salads, sandwiches, over noodles, etc. I like to add taco seasoning to leftovers and make pork tacos another night.

These are a few of our favorites and I've found them easy to incorporate into "my eating plan" vs. my husbands more relaxed diet and my son's need for more calories as he works in a fairly labor intensive job and has the wonderful metabolism of an 18 year old!
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This should be super easy to adapt for a slow cooker (just slow cook instead of simmering on the stove)

Creamy-Chicken-2526-Wild-Rice-Soup-6b1.jpg

emilybites.com/2013/12/creamy-chicken-wild-rice-soup.html

Cooked it in my Instant Pot pressure cooker last week and my whole family loved it. Super low calories - especially since I skipped adding the cream. I had all the calories for adding cream and flour calculated - but then my son said it was so yummy there was no point adding more calories. Can't wait to make it again this week!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I use my crock pot about 4 days a week. My favorite is White bean chicken chili. We had it last night and it was so good. I use chicken breast, great northern beans (canned or homemade, depending on how much time I have), a can of green chilies, celery, carrots, onion, and chicken broth. There are a lot of different recipes you can find online.
    That creamy chicken wild rice soup sound great! Going to have to try that.