skinny build

been goin the gym for 2 years cant seem to put on size

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    What are you doing at the gym, and more importantly, how are you eating?
  • mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Hmm. 2 years of bulking and still no gainz? Haven't you tried to use food after 1 month of no results?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    2 years with so size sounds like a result from lack of calories and bad programming. Find a surplus and get on a proven strength program
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

This might help. If you aren't gaining, you aren't eating enough.
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Eat to grow.
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    been goin the gym for 2 years cant seem to put on size

1) Eat in a calorie surplus. You need to make sure you're taking in more calories than you burn. If you aren't gaining body weight consistently, then you are not in a surplus. Track your diet, see how your weight responds, and increase if necessary until you're gaining around half a pound per week or so.

2) Get stronger. Start tracking all of your workouts in terms of weight and reps, and then place 100% of your focus on "beating the logbook" each week. Don't "wing it" or "keep it in your head" - WRITE IT DOWN! You will progress far quicker this way, and gaining strength is by far the most important aspect of building muscle. You can either progress by performing more reps with a given weight, or by increasing the weight itself.

Follow these tips to make consistent gains. Even if you just follow these two things alone you'll already be guaranteed to make decent gains. And on the other hand, if you aren't following both of them, you're guaranteed to make little to no gains at all.
  • liamforward18
    liamforward18 Posts: 21 Member

ive not got a diet plan as i have a eating problem which cuts out all the major foods u need to eat

my workout plans pretty good i think

mon - chest
    tues - back and bi's
    wed - shoulders and tri's
    thurs - legs
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member

ive not got a diet plan as i have a eating problem which cuts out all the major foods u need to eat

mon - chest
    tues - back and bi's
    thurs - legs

Can you elaborate on the eating problem? Is it a disorder or allergies/restrictions?

Also, solid workout program. I'd maybe try and hit upper body in two days and make this a 4 day split so you have more frequency -- for example:

Chest & Back (DAY 1),
    Shoulders & Arms (DAY 2),
    Legs (Day 3),
    Rest (Day 4)...
    and then start Day 1 again the following day.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2016

mon - chest
    tues - back and bi's
    thurs - legs

Where did you find this program? It looks pretty advanced and if you are just starting out the bro split isn't necessary you might want to look for a good upper/lower split or even fullbody program. I would especially look for one that doesn't have just one leg day -- you'll hate that day with a passion, and having a specific day for chest and then one for shoulders/tri's just isn't necessary.

What are your food restrictions and are they medical?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Whatever you can eat....eat more of it