Short girls - show me your pics!

Options
megbee617
megbee617 Posts: 100 Member
Preferably 5' 3" and under, but all are welcome.

I'm 4' 11" and I know I carry the same weight differently than someone who is 5' 7". How was the weight loss journey for you?

Replies

• Stanley1903
    Stanley1903 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", so I don't know if that qualifies as short. I only started with 40 pounds to lose. But it was a major wake up call. r5lagbvozj80.jpeg
    exjlve1lbid6.jpeg
    g8qldjzboer9.jpeg
    v00ieipeucym.jpeg
  • Stanley1903
    Options
    These photos are of me at SW 185, then around 170, 164-5, and the bottom one at CW 159 1/2. Weight loss has been all over for me. But I tend to carry "all over." I haven't lost a ton of inches in any one area. And people notice pretty quickly for a shorter person.
  • CardiganandFlannel
    CardiganandFlannel Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ You look fantastic in each of those pics. Great progress though.
  • Stanley1903
    Options
    ^^^ thank you! @CardiganandFlannel
  • TabethaMarie87
    TabethaMarie87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    IMG_20160106_002716_zps9rravntl.jpg

I'm 5'3, and was 185 lbs in this picture (SW was 196 lbs but don't have pictures)

IMG_20160106_002802_zpsnqq8053q.jpg

120 lbs after. I yo-yo dieted for awhile, lost weight here and there. The last 45 - 50 lbs I worked my butt off (literally) to lose through a combination of eating cleaner, tracking my calories on MFP and lots of cardio like jogging.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Good job! I'm a fellow short girl (5ft) and have just started my journey. I read the before/after thread and took my own (awful) before photos. Can't wait for it to be my turn for a successful after photo!
  • megbee617
    megbee617 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    WOW! These are all great! You all look so good! It keeps me inspired when I see other people lose the weight!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    The picture seems far, but I"m the blonde in the middle with the striped shirt....I'm down just over 80 pounds to date....46 yrs old, 5'2ish haw4jyv7esao.jpg
  • NatalieHedrick1
    NatalieHedrick1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ltpz2i48su7w.jpg

This is me and my best friend at Christmas time (I'm the white girl). I just started this My Fitness Pal thing 7 days ago. I also started going to a group boot camp. I'm 5'1.5 and 195 pounds. I sicken myself right now. I'm the biggest I've ever been. I'm the same weight now as when I was pregnant 4 years ago. Ugh, gross.
  • TabethaMarie87
    TabethaMarie87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way at my highest weight (196 lbs & 5'3), but I can assure you with a little hard work and dedication you'll reach your goal! MFP is a great tool to get started on the right path and there are tons of people here that are willing and able to help you along the way.
    ltpz2i48su7w.jpg

This is me and my best friend at Christmas time (I'm the white girl). I just started this My Fitness Pal thing 7 days ago. I also started going to a group boot camp. I'm 5'1.5 and 195 pounds. I sicken myself right now. I'm the biggest I've ever been. I'm the same weight now as when I was pregnant 4 years ago. Ugh, gross.

• lesliealaina
    lesliealaina Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and went from 160 to 145 in 60 days with PiYo - it's a pilates yoga video program. I also tracked my meals with MFP and drank shakeology every day. For me having the video program planned out all in advance with a calendar to mark the days kept me accountable to my diet and fitness - they go hand in hand. I wrote out my experience with the program in my blog post about piyo.

6sqqemwh6nd9.jpg

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and went from 160 to 145 in 60 days with PiYo - it's a pilates yoga video program. I also tracked my meals with MFP and drank shakeology every day. For me having the video program planned out all in advance with a calendar to mark the days kept me accountable to my diet and fitness - they go hand in hand. I wrote out my experience with the program in my blog post about piyo.

6sqqemwh6nd9.jpg

Awesome, I love yoga and Pilates. Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!