Finally broke out of a 5 *month* plateau

Options
echmain
echmain Posts: 103 Member
Since early September my weight had been cycling up and down (and up and down and up and down...) between 165 and 169. This was happening even though my calories were always at or under my daily limit.

Today the scale read 163.4.

I believe that daily, consistent exercise helped. Starting in early January I do 10,000 steps on the treadmill every day.

Replies

• elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Ugh - that is a long time. Thank you for sharing - that way folks like me who are just starting out don't get endlessly discouraged if it happens.
  • kohlhagh
    kohlhagh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I read that, I thought I was reading a post written by me. My numbers are quite similar! Running between 165 and 168 and just getting to 164 this morning. I haven't updated my weight yet because I make sure it is steady for a week before I make it official. September for me too. The other similarity is that I have added consistent cardio to my plan. Congratulations! This gives me hope!
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @kohlhagh

Those were tough months but I'm as happy today as when I first entered Onederland.

I'm nearly certain that exercise had something to do with it. I'm actually going to increase my daily step goal. Maybe 12,000 steps.

I never eat back any of those calories but use them as a cushion against calorie counting inaccuracies.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Thats great that you didnt give up and you stayed so consistent!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!