Recording Slim Fast Shake in MFP and for Weight Watcher Points

Options
Okay so I'm not sure I've been doing this right. On my slim fast shake mix ( use the powder and mix it myself) it has two rows for nutrition info. One row for just the powder itself and one for when you mix the powder with milk (apparently some of the values change for things).

So I have been recording my calories based on the powder w/milk info and then also recording the 8oz of skim milk on top of that? Should I be recording it like this or should I only record the mix w/milk and not the skim milk too? How should I handle this with weight watchers points? So confused. Please help.

29942929.png

Replies

• idrathereatnachos
    idrathereatnachos Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The powder w/milk includes the nutrition for the milk. So if you use that nutritional information you would not need to also track the milk. The label should say what % milk the nutritional values are for just make sure that is the milk you are using. If not then track the powder and milk separately. This would be the same for tracking in in points.
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Milk doesn't magically make the nutrition info of the powder change, those values just include the powder + milk nutrition. No need to track your milk a second time if you are using the powder + milk nutrition info already.
  • ashowers36
    ashowers36 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will need to go back and correct previous entries.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    ashowers36 wrote: »
    Thanks. I will need to go back and correct previous entries.

Make sure you're using the type of milk listed though!