Has anyone ever signed up for a running room clinic?

Options
Right now Ive lost 50lbs and am close to the 300lb mark. I'm hoping to lose another 40-50lbs by the time the clinic starts, which is in 5 months.

I have always wanted to run - Ive been going to the gym for 7 weeks and can now (finally) walk 5k. This month I want to increase my speed. and then next month I'll add weights and hopefully by June I will feel in shape enough and more importantly confident enough to join.

Has anyone done a learn to run or other clinic with RR? I find I cant seem to find that many reviews on the experience...

Replies

• BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did a 10 k clinic with the Running Room a few years ago and I loved the experience! A friend of mine did the Running Rooms' learn to run clinic and she really found it to be a supportive atmosphere, which made me in turn sign up for the 10 k one. I was thinking of eventually doing their Marathon training one, once I build my distance up.
    The clinic I attended was arranged so we ran as a group on Wednesdays, Clinic night and Sunday mornings. There was one run a week we did on our own.
    Clinic night began with a lesson (ie, stretching, the right shoes, how to dress properly in different weather etc) Then followed with a run.
    I didn't think I would enjoy running as a group, but I loved it!!!
    :)
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner but my husband is and has done a couple clinics. He did one when he started running then did a few more as he upped his distances. He likes the clinics and finds they were well run.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I did their learn to run program a few years ago (in Vancouver, BC). I had never run before. I loved it. They do a little class before they run to teach you about things like form and different types of running shoes, nutrition etc, and then you do a group run. I find having a group to run with made it easier to motivate myself to stick with it. I progressed quite quickly, and I made some friends, one of which I'm still close with to this day. I highly recommend it.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Haven't done any of their clinics but I suspect you'll find their whole approach to be very supportive.

The company founder, John Stanton, was an out-of-shape, overweight smoker who changed his own life through running and their whole corporate culture is permeated with the philosophy that running & walking can change almost anyone's life for the better (no I am not a current or former employee of RR......I just happen to like their business model)
  • lizzieloo934
    lizzieloo934 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Last night I was finally able to walk a 5k at a decent pace...I think I will go sign up today for their summer clinic!
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    They will welcome you