So close to throwing in the damn towel!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Please please don't give up! Try changing up whatever you are doing right now! If you know you don't drink enough water, you probably don't. If you are doing a lot of exercise, maybe you need MORE calories!

It took me so many years to figure it out...and now I'm finally starting to GET IT...and finally losing weight!

You are worth it!
  • Jazzart
    Jazzart Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Here's Something that I wrote a few weeks ago that might help:

It's Been 30 Day's and how much have I lost??? WHO CARES!!!!!! This site is Soooooo much more that being about losing weight, that it's impossible to just think about that when you're on here, I have made wonderful friends that encourage me to do better with each waking day both spiritually and physically, there's so much "real" current advise from all of the members here, much more that any book or quick diet fad could ever provide you with, I feel sooooooooooo much better since I have joined this site, words cannot explain, but I'm going to try anyway. There is no way that you could get better results no matter what expensive gym you joined, here you have your friends riding the health and fitness wave along with you celebrating your successes and picking you up when you slip or stumble along the way, so How much weight have I lost? once again, WHO CARES!!! My Dr say's my blood pressure is own, my clothes fit better, My Cholesterol is down, My weight is down, but my attitude is through the roof!!!! I'm looking forward to the next thirty days!!!! and Much More Continued Success as WE travel down this Health and Fitness Road Together!!!! Friend me if you would like to come along for the ride.
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    Bump
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    Bump
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You're not gonna wake up a few months from now and say, Damn... I sure am glad I threw in the towel a few months ago! :) It sucks right now... but I'm gonna chime in about drinking your 8-10 8 oz glasses of water. It really does help! I notice a difference when I'm drinking it and when I'm not... it helps the bloating go away for me and I can literally think better... the brain needs to be bathed in water! Drink the H2O :)
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Drinking more wate will help soooo much!!!! Drink Drink Drink!!!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!Looked at your diary.looks a little low in protein.i might add some veg and fruit also.
    Good luck.sometimes the scale doesn`t move when we want it to.
    Don`t give up.You are so worth it.
    jane
  • westbrja
    westbrja Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow, I hadn't checked this thread in a few days as I acquired a new attitude and decided failure wasn't an option. You are all wonderful and so encouraging and supportive. I'm happy to report that I had a 2 pound loss a few days after I posted that thread. I increased my protein and calories a bit, added more fruits and veggies and backed off the carbs. Although I've done better, I still have yet to get my water where it should be but I have taken baby steps and know I will continue. I didn't know squat about the difference in calories (sugars, carbs, fats, etc). You all have been tremendous teachers! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • duckypooh67
    Options
    Dont give up. one thing dont weigh yourself every day. your weight goes up and down like a news brides pjs. i should talk my scale is my crack. i get on and think what the heck. then other day im like cool. if u eat balisamic viniger on your salad. it will eat carbs. spicy food also increases your meltab. up to 30% for 3 hours so eat that then go to the gym.it should help. good luck. but dont give up
  • westbrja
    Options
    Dont give up. one thing dont weigh yourself every day. your weight goes up and down like a news brides pjs. i should talk my scale is my crack. i get on and think what the heck. then other day im like cool. if u eat balisamic viniger on your salad. it will eat carbs. spicy food also increases your meltab. up to 30% for 3 hours so eat that then go to the gym.it should help. good luck. but dont give up

Good to know about the vinegar and spicy foods. I often wonder if there's a daily weighers anonymous :laugh:
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    I agree with srp2011's observations. I have consistently noticed successful people who I look to for diet and exercise examples usually hit their calorie, protein (exceed most times), and water goals (exceed many times). Keeping sodium low is also a thought to avoid water retention (reaching water goals help with this too). As for healthy snacks, almonds (or other nuts), cottage cheese (I found one that is 1% fat with no sodium added) and peanut butter have been my choices so far. You could also make a tzatziki sauce for veggie snacking. Simply google Tzatziki Sauce II. If you like deli meat you might check the deli counter to see if they have a lower sodium option instead of buying the prepackaged stuff.

Glad to hear you're not giving up! Keep at it. You'll reach your goals if you keep at it.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Please do not give up :smile:

I do believe I just added you to my friends list. We can beat this crap together because even though I may have busted through a plateau today (by eating more oddly enough), I know another one will strike again.

Just play with numbers. I upped my calories from 1200 (there about) to 1530 and it worked. Find your BMR and net that daily. That is what I am doing anyhow...

But don't give up!! You are worth the fight.
  • westbrja
    Options
    I was originally at 1250 and now I've set it to around 1600. My BMR was 1600ish. At least I'm not starving anymore :laugh:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    try eating more!
  • westbrja
    Options
    More than 1600? :noway: I guess I'm just afraid of increasing too much.