How many calories do you eat a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Max set is 2100, although most days I eat around 1800 or less. I don't exercise enough to have extra calories to eat. I walk an average 7k steps in a work day which I don't take in account.
  • oftm
    oftm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2500, more if I run further than my usual 7 miles a day. I'd hate being restricted to the amounts listed here. Sounds miserable. The extra 800 calories I get from running allow me to eat decent amounts of the good stuff... chocolate, crisps, cheese, burgers... I ran 10 miles on sunday... had a feast yet still in a deficit and losing weight. :smile:
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    1200-1300 and very, very rarely eat back the calories from exercise (which I do 6x per week). My saving grace is the glass of wine that I have at the end of each day - motivates me to stick to my eating plan, so that I am able to have it!
  • pchca
    pchca Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat below my BMR - which is 1500.
  • tinaalvarado29
    tinaalvarado29 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi can someone help me and let me know if I'm doing this right I put my information in starting weight 238 height 5'4" want to lose 2 pounds a week calories came up as 1200 so that's what I have been eating daily but for the last 5 days I have stayed at the same weight started on Jan 21 2016 . Now am I supposed to set my nutrient or use what is already there I'm a little confused I don't know if I'm doing this all right. I'm not very active i suffer from fibromyalgia and bursitis in my hips so I can't exercise to much I would appreciate any advise I can get thank you.
  • pchca
    pchca Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi can someone help me and let me know if I'm doing this right I put my information in starting weight 238 height 5'4" want to lose 2 pounds a week calories came up as 1200 so that's what I have been eating daily but for the last 5 days I have stayed at the same weight started on Jan 21 2016 . Now am I supposed to set my nutrient or use what is already there I'm a little confused I don't know if I'm doing this all right. I'm not very active i suffer from fibromyalgia and bursitis in my hips so I can't exercise to much I would appreciate any advise I can get thank you.

That sounds way too low to me. If you truly are measuring all your food with a scale, try upping that number to 1500.
  • tinaalvarado29
    tinaalvarado29 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    pchca wrote: »

That sounds way too low to me. If you truly are measuring all your food with a scale, try upping that number to 1500.

Thank you I will try that
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Miaauw wrote: »
    What's your limit you have put on here? I calculated my TDEE/BMR and subtracted 20% as instructed, which left me with about 1200 calories. I do not eat back the calories 'earned' from exercise.

well, for starters, TDEE != BMR.

BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is essentially your resting burn rate. If you slept all day you would burn BMR number of calories.

TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is, as the name implies, all of the energy you expend in a day.

If you are using TDEE-20%, then you wouldn't eat back exercise calories, as that would cause you to eat more than TDEE-20%. You eat back exercise calories when you use the MFP method, which separates normal activity calories from exercise calories.

If TDEE-20%=1200, then your TDEE is ~1500, which would mean you are very small and inactive. Since the number is so low and you combined TDEE and BMR above, I wouldn't be shocked if 1500 is your BMR and your TDEE is probably closer to 2000-2100.

Cosign
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    3000 on a cut...

One day, I too will have more muscle than a gorilla so that I can cut on 3,000 calories.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    2000 but this week it's more like 1200 because I'm banking calories for Sunday for the Super bowl.

Go Broncos.
  • smashtastic27
    smashtastic27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have between 800 and 1,050.
    I'm 25, F, 5'6 and 142 pounds. Started at 154 less than a month ago though so not doing to bad. Except that right now I'm just bouncing between 140 and 142 :-/
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am a 6'5", 185 pound male. Maintenance is 2400 calories. If I gained some weight, like holiday weight, I would cut it down to 1400 for a week or two to get it off.
  • MsObesityRehab
    MsObesityRehab Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Miaauw wrote: »
    What's your limit you have put on here? I calculated my TDEE/BMR and subtracted 20% as instructed, which left me with about 1200 calories. I do not eat back the calories 'earned' from exercise.

I eat 1400 atm!

• zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    1600..I eat back half of my exercise cals...So, most of the time its within the range of 1700-2000 on the day that I exercised ... Eating at 1200 makes me whine and pout all day.. :)
  • caratayloruk
    caratayloruk Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Currently around 2400 and am losing about 1.5lb per week so makes my maintenance around 3200. Thinking that my maintenance will be around the 3000 mark which I've no idea how I'm going to eat that much as 2400 is a struggle some days
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    I get 1129 per day, which I normally eat all of or at least most of them. I'm 5', 156lbs, 45yo female, and sedentary, so I don't get many to start with anyway!

you get get this amount from mfp as MFP only lets you go to 1200 and no lower?
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    1400. Tried 1200 but was always hungry. And I eat back 75% burned cals.
    Exactly the same. Works great!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I follow my Fitbit HR set to a 500 calorie daily deficit. If I earn 'em, I eat 'em! Maybe not that same day but that week for sure. I try to keep my weekly deficit right around 3500. I don't mind losing slowly. Most days I eat between 1700 and 2000.
  • _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I aim for around 1500, but my job has me very active so I usually snack when I get home and end up around 1800-2000