PCOS

Options
Looking for motivated ladies with PCOS that are serious about losing weight. We can all support and motivate each other!!

Replies

• jonipecson
    jonipecson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and have went from 290 to 257. I'm in it for the long haul. I'm doing, not a diet, but a lifestyle change. I want to get to 180 and I know that I can. I'm here for support!!!
  • Carousella204
    Carousella204 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Cysters!!! Please add me! We got this! I wear my PCOS bracelet all the time!
    Mo
  • doosalily15
    doosalily15 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My phone won't let me add you all, so please send me a request!!
  • quimbeee88
    quimbeee88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and have been told by doctors if i want to conceive i have to bring down my weight... i was 180, 25 days later I'm 174 and have been hovering around 174 for past 2 weeks. I'm stuck at a plateau! i want to get down to 155 ish and be comfortable..... but really struggling and starting to lose patience/interest/oomph :( would love a community to help support and motivate x
  • NoMoreExcuses1992
    Options
    Add me .. my phone wont let me add. (: PCOS weight 333.. first goal is to get below 300. (:
  • lotte0989
    lotte0989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14.
    Currently at 191lbs, dropping from 207lbs a month ago. :)
  • ashluv2sing
    ashluv2sing Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    quimbeee88 wrote: »
    I'm 27 and have been told by doctors if i want to conceive i have to bring down my weight... i was 180, 25 days later I'm 174 and have been hovering around 174 for past 2 weeks. I'm stuck at a plateau! i want to get down to 155 ish and be comfortable..... but really struggling and starting to lose patience/interest/oomph :( would love a community to help support and motivate x

I also have PCOS and I just had a baby girl in September. I weigh quite a bit more than you and started out pre-pregnancy at 230 pounds. Metformin and the smallest dose of Clomid helped me to conceive. So don't get discouraged as there are other options to help you get pregnant. Of course losing weight is great too, and I am certainly trying to lose the baby weight plus more (currently stuck at 241) but it is certainly difficult. Get a second opinion if your doctors aren't very encouraging! That's what I did and I now have a beautiful baby girl! Best of luck to you!!

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I don't have PCOS but my daughter does. Anything besides the depo shot or oral birth control to help control it? The side effects from both of these are too severe for her. She is going to see a gynecologist again in March because she had another bout of cysts in December and she knows that unless there is cancer, surgical removal of one of the ovaries is probably not an option (it's usually her left side). In any case it wreaks havoc on her schedule, life, college grades (happened just before finals last time), etc.
  • jodesterlyn
    jodesterlyn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I have been struggling to lose weight and not gain it :( What are you ladies finding is the best diet or lifestyle changes? I have a son and we have been trying for over 4 years for a second baby...
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I too, have this problem. I haven't been below 160 since I was 13. I'm at 175 now, and a lot of the time it seems like nothing I do affects the scale number at all.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I have this as well and am on Metformin. I have to really restrict my carb intake as much as possible to lose weight and get my sugar under control. I'm following the keto diet which seems to work pretty well for diabetics.
  • wesheets
    wesheets Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sarah I have PCOS and am also doing Keto. When I was 39 I had lost weight due to stress going through a divorce, during and directly after having a baby. Not sure if nursing added to that; all precious babies I had nursed and for me that helped drop the baby weight. Anyway when I met my husband at the 2 year post-pardum mark I was 180 but had started to creap. He introduced me to lazy Keto-watching carbs and not counting calories-and Lo and behold I dropped 10 lbs in about a week and a half. Fast forward 4 years/we married, had a baby, and now I'm 43, started Keto early January. The first two weeks I started slow and wasn't doing too well. I still lost 6
    Lbs. the last two weeks of January I was strict
    and lost ZERO! I had measured and at the end of the month measured again. Loss was negligible. Beginning of this week I recalculated my macros and lowered my calories.......and I've now GAINED. I stopped taking my Metformin at the beginning of the year which was only at 1000. At that time I gained 10 lbs in short order so....I've actually not lost weight yet. I'm so irritated. I want to prove I can lose weight with this method but it's not working and I'm TOTALLY working it. Grrrrr.

I have started a Keto+over 40+PCOS thread if anyone thinks it applies to them.

All: no time for a testimony and everyone is different but.....I did have 4 kids with my ex who had low motility and low mobility and low count while I had PCOS. I then went on to have a baby with my husband who has no issues. So hang in there!
  • mrs_kkilzyo
    mrs_kkilzyo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me :) Trying hard to battle this and get my life back. Im 5'3" and 230lbs and miserable. Been trying to lose for a couple years and just hasnt been happening :/ I try to eat more paleo, and looking into getting the gastric sleeve
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will send you a friend request. I am 42 (43 next week) and was diagnosed with PCOS about 4 years ago. I also have no thyroid due to cancer and a heart condition, so it makes losing weight fun but so for this time around I am doing good. I have lost just under 12lbs since Christmas from 209 to 198, I am 5'4 and want to lose 60 to 70 pounds. I find that working out is very important for me and not just cardio but strength training as well. I workout at least 5 days a week, 2 of those with a trainer who kicks my butt.

I don't know if everyone has found this but I find keep my sugar down most days to no more than 50 including fruits and natural sources and keeping my carbs no more that 130-150 in a day has really helped with the weight lose this time.
  • joykidmama
    joykidmama Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have pcos and 4 kiddos, but it took about 4 years of trying before we conceived the first time, and that was only through careful counting of days on the cycle. Never could handle any of the pharmaceuticals pushed at me, though I do know they work for some. Mostly monitoring sugar intake, losing weight with CICO and exercising in as many little ways as possible make it manageable. PCOS is no joke but it can either be a reason to get your health under control or an excuse to avoid hard work of getting healthy.
  • new_fit_2016
    new_fit_2016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS early last year, after a sudden weight gain of 30 pounds within 6 months. It has been a struggle trying to lose 30 pounds, especially when I feel so fatigued. I am following a low carb meal plan, keeping my carbs up to 30 grams a day. It is tough when it comes to cooking, being that I'm Hispanic and most of hispanic meals involve rice, potatoes, beans bread and tortillas... Family is being very helpful though, I'm glad for that