Replies

• SamathaDain
    SamathaDain Posts: 17 Member
    Options

This is a really great podcast!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    DH drink goat kfir, eats yogurt too, and we get naturally fermented vegetables for him as well.

Have you tried drinking buttermilk or kombucha?
  • octhawk
    octhawk Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    VSL-3 is said to help with IBD. No idea if any probiotics help with acid reflux, though

Whatever you end up getting, get the stuff that has to be rrefrigerated
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I haven't' heard of probiotics for acid reflux.

For me, I take them when I take antibiotics to reduce my risk of yeast infections.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Honestly skip the pills and try Kefir. I can buy it at most grocery stores, my favorite brand is Nancy's Organic, they don't add sugar to the fruit blends and it's basically drinkable yogurt. The probiotic bacteria helps more in the guts though than the stomach, I've never had it help with acid but my IBS symptoms are greatly reduced and I rarely need to use medicinces for constipation anymore. I don't even have to drink it every day anymore, every other works fine. If I go two days though I tend to see my problems resurface. I had tried three different types of supplements containing probiotic (well, they SAID they did), and none had the quick impact of Kefir. Give it three or four days of daily consumption (whatever serving you enjoy, I drink 8oz usually) and you will know if it's helping or not.
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    Honestly skip the pills and try Kefir. I can buy it at most grocery stores, my favorite brand is Nancy's Organic, they don't add sugar to the fruit blends and it's basically drinkable yogurt. The probiotic bacteria helps more in the guts though than the stomach, I've never had it help with acid but my IBS symptoms are greatly reduced and I rarely need to use medicinces for constipation anymore. I don't even have to drink it every day anymore, every other works fine. If I go two days though I tend to see my problems resurface. I had tried three different types of supplements containing probiotic (well, they SAID they did), and none had the quick impact of Kefir. Give it three or four days of daily consumption (whatever serving you enjoy, I drink 8oz usually) and you will know if it's helping or not.
    I will give it a try...Thank you