What's on your grocery list?

Options
2stepz
2stepz Posts: 814 Member
Do you have standard items you get every trip? Staples you just HAVE to have in the house?

Spent today cleaning out the freezer and fridge. Tomorrow, after shopping, I am cooking and freezing. Give me suggestions!!

Replies

• amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I always make sure I have plenty of apples and then whatever other fruits I'm in the mood for or that are in season. I like to always have cottage cheese and almonds as well. Also, chicken breasts, shrimp and tillapia are always in my freezer and I make sure to always have plenty of tuna fish, I buy a case whenever they are on sale at the grocery store. And baby carrots...that is the one vegetable that I always have, the rest of my veggies rotate with what's in season and what I'm in the mood for.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    Chicken breast, extra lean ground beef, tuna, eggs, low calorie tortillas, whole wheat pasta, oats, yogurt, fat free cheese and as many fresh fruits/veggies I can afford to put in the cart. (:
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Oh YES!!!! Egg whites, onions, peppers, low carb wraps, raw chicken breasts, romaine, garlic, tomatoes, salsa, fat free italian dressing, sugar free pudding, apples, almond milk, oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, low sodium tuna, raw turkey breast, feel free to add me :) oh, and the best, greek yogurt and ground peanuts!!!!!!! Oh and a freezer full of mahi mahi, salmon, flounder, and frozen veggies for pinches
  • Emilycaldwell420
    Emilycaldwell420 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, no salt almonds, berries, cottage cheese, string cheese, triscuits, eggs, chicken breasts, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, low sodium tuna, fresh veggies- spinach, broccoli, green beans, carrots, kale, cucumbers, peppers. These are must haves....of course i cook other stuff too, but these are staples. If i have to run out the door i can grab some string cheese and triscuits or greek yogurt w berries and get my protein and carbs so im not tempted to snarf up whatever i see!!! i also always keep a pretein bar in my car for "emergencies!"
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I always make sure I have Light Marble Cheese, Arizona 0 Calories Lemon Stixs, Basa Fillets, Egg Creations-Cheese and Chive
    THose are always on the list
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    bananas, broccoli, almonds, natural peanut butter creamy, baby carrots, egg whites, spinach, boneless skinless chicken breasts, ground turkey, whey protein powder, hot sauce, miso paste, soy sauce, brown rice, low carb tortilla, seasonal fruits and vegetables, ginger root, garlic, onions, low sodium soy sauce, dijon mustard, prepared horseradish, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, frozen fish filets, canned tuna, oatmeal, plain nonfat Greek yogurt, tomatoes, salsa, tofu, frozen vegetables, cilantro
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Light string cheese (for me AND my daughter); yogurt; flax seed; olive oil; chicken breasts; apple slices (I detest cutting up apples, so I purchase them cut up in massive quantities, again for both me and my daughter); other in-season or on sale fruits; zucchini, squash, green beans, green onions, lots of different lettuces, tomatoes, cucumbers, couscous (love 'em, can't give 'em up), wheat/whole grain bread, any veggies I can grill, and occasionally I get a really yummy steak. :) Oh, and I also forgot, caffeine free Stash brand green tea. Gotta have that!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast
    ground turkey
    instant brown rice
    egg whites
    oatmeal
    coffee creamer
    coffee
    broccoli
    asparagus
    green beans
    mini rice cakes
    peanut butter
    eggs
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    This is my actual grocery list on my fridge at the moment. And it's a combo of things for me and my bf... so not all of it's for me.

bay leaves
    garlic
    onions
    tomatoes
    popcorn
    mayo
    heinz low carb ketchup
    parm, mozzarella, cheddar cheeses
    sliced deli roast beef
    romaine lettuce
    atkins bars
    aluminum foil
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    chicken breasts
    greek yogurt
    bananas
    apples
    blueberries
    organic milk
    eggs
    cheese
    peanut butter
    whole wheat mini bagels and english muffins
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Fruits, fiber bars, chicken, lots of healthy snacks, and some lean cuisines.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Always steamable broccoli and greenbeans. Always spinach. Sara Lee Delightful Whole Grain bread (because it's low cal and low carb, makes the diabetes happy). Builder's Bars (mint and peanut butter). Bananas. Dreamfield's pasta (again, keeps the blood sugar happy). Paul Prudhomme's Magic Salt Free spice blend. Romaine, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and sliced black olives for salads. Light dressing. Sometimes jarred arrabiata sauce, sometimes the fixin's for homemade. Cage-free/organic chicken. Oranges. Fat free organic milk. Pollack filets. Canned tuna in water. Oh--edited to include red potatoes (I only have a few, but hubby and son love homemade oven fries), no cal cooking spray, and a whole slew of spices. Some we use so much of we "subscribe" to them on Amazon. And watermelon. We love watermelon!

I think that's about it for staples. Other recipes/ingredients vary depending on mood.

Kris
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese for protein, cucumbers and vegs for snacks, oatmeal and yogurt :smile:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Lactaid milk
    Special k cereal
    Egg whites
    Onions
    Garclic
    Olive oil
    Salad greens
    Vegestables
    Sara lee 45calorie bread
    Diet cokes
    Turkey
    All our meat products are bought on the day we are cooking them.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I always get diet bread, parkey no fat butter, splenda, sugar free jello, chicken broth, lettuce all kinds and all the vegys for salads. Also get wishbone fat free ranch spray dressing and of course my ssugar free drinks...grape, flavored water, fuze, diet 10 cal juices. These help if I want something sweet. These are the things I buy every time I go shopping!! Lately I have been buying extra onions and mushrooms and frying them up and putting them on top of my salad. not fried in butter no cal spray the pan how could I forget GUM!!!!