Which day of the week is best to weigh in?

Options
Hello everyone! First, please add me! Second.. Was wondering which day would be best to weigh in.. I've been doing Wednesday's. But since I tend to cheat on the weekends maybe I should start weighing my self on Fridays? I'm confused!! Help!! Lol

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    As longas you're consistent, it won't matter
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I do Wednesday's just cause the weekend can be pretty all over the place with sodium and that give me a couple days for the water weight to even back out. :-)
    Plus I like how it sounds "weigh in Wednesday" lol
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Friday morning, cause my Friday nights are a full on smorgasbord of desserts.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Saturday, and Sunday
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    As others have said, whatever day is consistent for you. I do it on Wednesday because I eat out Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, and make quick freezer meals for lunches on weekends, so I use a couple of days to flush my system from the extra salt intake.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Friday morning for me. Any fluid retention from weekend splurge is gone, I drink heaps of water during the week, not as good on the weekend. Most consistent meal and sleep times during the week too.

Though a friend told me her trick to keep her on track was to weigh in Sunday morning, the temptation to overeat on Fri/Sat by the looming Sunday weigh in.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    katem999 wrote: »

Same here, except I only have oneSaturday in my week :lol:
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I weigh in when:
    1) I feel like I was good the day before and drank a lot of water
    2) I wake up hungry (it's a psychological thing..if I'm hungry there's nothing extra in there lol)
    3) I've used the bathroom (you know what I mean)

I don't weight in when:
    1) I ate a big meal the night before (or had a lot of salt)
    2) I haven't been to the bathroom
    3) I didn't get much sleep

Sometimes...if I don't get a lower weight, I'll fast for a few hours and then try again (practice makes perfect lol)
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options

I can't recite the days of the week without getting the Black Eyed Peas in my head
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Options

I can't recite the days of the week without getting the Black Eyed Peas in my head

Now it's stuck in my head!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    Personally, the day I like to weigh is "every". It helps me understand my weight fluctuations, and I'm not the type to get freaked out when they happen.

Just pick a day that's convenient for you. Try not to over-think it. You're really looking for the trend here, a specific number being plus or minus a few ticks on the scale is less important than how you feel, and whether you're progressing in the direction you wish. (Any time you can find a way to de-emotionalize these things, do it . . . if you ask me.)
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I just weigh my self once a month, and it's usually first Monday.
    It doesn't really matter tho, if you're following your plan right you will see progress no matter what day of the week you weigh yourself.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I prefer every day. I prefer to see the fluctuations and not have the potential to miss a low weight day just because I only weigh once a week. But, weighing every day drives some people crazy.
  • cthakkar1985
    cthakkar1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself the morning after your most consistent day in terms of diet, exercise, and overall activity level. For me, Tuesdays are generally most consistent. Usually don't have any unique lunch or dinner plans, so I eat basically the same thing every Tuesday and do 45 mins of cardio that night. I weigh myself every Wednesday morning to minimize any weight fluctuations. It works incredibly well and the scale is consistently 1.5 - 2 lbs less every week, which is my goal.
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've gone with Wednesdays as well. It gives me a little time to recover from the weekend, plus it's my rest day for running. I'm not sure why, but I like having the two connected. Weighing myself every day would throw off my mental game too much, so I stick with once a week, for the most part.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but record on Fridays. Except for when I don't. I've been doing this too long to have a 'weigh in day' because I know how badly I fluctuate. I just log my weight when it's lower, and has been that way for a couple days.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings. It helps me mindset myself for the rest of the week.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Was wondering which day would be best to weigh in.

All the days ending in "y".

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options

I like your week!