Hi All

Options
This is my 2nd day of my diet and attempt to live a healthier and fitter lifestyle. I find the days pretty easy as I'm always occupied with either work, my children etc. But nights once the children are tucked up in bed and I'm on my own. That's when the temptation for me hits to raid the cupboards for junk mainly chocolate and snack infront of the telly

Replies

• ToffeeGirl_1878
    ToffeeGirl_1878 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm new to all this and in need of supports and motivation off others.
  • laurencedavies
    laurencedavies Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck!! This is a great site to loose weight without having to do crash diets. Good luck x
  • ToffeeGirl_1878
    Options
    Thanks, That's what I've learnt so far. Crash diets don't really work not in the long term anyway. They can be good for loosing weight quickly. But hard to maintain the weight loss afterwards. My plan is to make small changes in my diet regularly and introduce more exercise gradually into my daily routines. So it doesn't feel restricting. I'm the type of person that if I'm told I shouldn't eat something it just makes me crave it more! Moderation and lifestyle changes is hopefully the way forward
  • laurencedavies
    Options
    Defo!! My biggest thing was beer/ wine. I now have five booze free days which helps and also saves my cals for a little more food (the correct foods)

Nothing better than stepping on the scales and seeing a pound dropped off..

No great rush to try and drop 3pounds a week etc.

Nice and steady, the correct food and adding a bit of exercise into your weekly routine.

2016 is a year to get on it!! And be ready to that summer holiday rather than wishing you had done some thing bout it earlier x
  • ToffeeGirl_1878
    Options
    Totally agree with the steady weight loss. Little and often and your more likely to keep it off x
  • laurencedavies
    Options
    I've also found eating what was 5 a day (now 7) can be real hard so I purchased a cheapie smoothie maker, found it a great way to get 3 or 4 in one go!

Now have a freezer draws full of frozen fruits, I tend to blitz a pear and apple and add some frozen mango or berries. No added sugar apple juice and a table spoon of low fat strawberry yogurt.. Tastes awesome!!
  • ToffeeGirl_1878
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea. I may have to invest in a smoothie maker. I do struggle to get my 5 a day too. I did get myself a soup maker and now make all my own soup using fresh ingredients. So I know exactly what is in it. It's shocking how much hidden sugar is in the tinned supermarket brought stuff and so miss leading as you think your eating something that is good for you. When really it's not.
  • laurencedavies
    Options
    I tend to not go into too much details on contents like sugars etc. kinda work off cal content and off a common sense approach of. Beers, crips, bread bad. Veg, fruit balanced meals good. As a bloke I can't be doing with details hahaha. X
  • ToffeeGirl_1878
    Options
    Hahaha true, it can get complicated if you go into all the contents etc :)