Which day of the week is best to weigh in?

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    katem999 wrote: »
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Saturday, and Sunday

This:)
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    katem999 wrote: »
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Saturday, and Sunday

My wife and I have our Bonus Meal on Saturday, so really like katem's week.

I weigh in on the first Saturday of the week naked, after bathroom and before breakfast.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I weigh most days but Saturday mornings always seem to be my baseline. I don't have work to worry about. Normally get a good amount of water the night before and sleep in a bit. Don't usually eat till like 1-2 most days anyway. Might also have to do with it being a workout day Sat. so I have had like 1.5 rest day.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Thursday because it is convenient for me. Before my first meal and after using the bathroom so my weigh in can be most accurate.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    TL;dr: Use a trending weight application. Weight on days that end in y.

Understand that water weight fluctuation is normal and varies faster than your underlying weight level does.
    Use a trending weight application to figure out what your underlying weight level is doing.
    Libra--android;
    happy scale-- iphone
    www.trendweight.com -- supported scale, or free fitbit.com account (even without a band)
    www.weightgrapher.com -- supported scale, or manual data entry.
  • mcsnora
    mcsnora Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to be realistic about weigh ins. I can hold fluid and fluctuate several pounds in a matter of a day. My goal by getting on the scales is to face the demon, not to be overly anal about a few pounds.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Mondays. Because that's the day I started.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Today

because I love fluctuations and data and understanding my body
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Saturdays.
  • MsObesityRehab
    MsObesityRehab Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! First, please add me! Second.. Was wondering which day would be best to weigh in.. I've been doing Wednesday's. But since I tend to cheat on the weekends maybe I should start weighing my self on Fridays? I'm confused!! Help!! Lol

I weigh myself on Sundays!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter. why would it?

i can tell you i never EVER weigh on mondays but thats due to excessive alcohol consumption on the weekends ;) LOLOLOL

i generally weigh and log on friday mornings ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Just pick a day and be consistant.
    I chose to weigh every Sunday morning first thing. No wild reason.
  • rsb1023
    rsb1023 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Friday mornings because I eat out on Friday night and have a cheat day on either Saturday or Sunday but a friend of mine weighs on Mondays she says that keeps her from blowing it over the weekend,
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter as long as you are consistent. I did read somewhere that our weight tends to be lowest on Fridays and highest on Mondays (because many people eat heavier on the weekend).
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    As someone already said, as long as you are consistent, it really doesn't matter. I think Wednesday is a perfect day to weigh in if that's what you've already been doing.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Satur-weigh, Also on Sun-weigh, Mon-weigh, Tues-weigh, Wed-weigh, Thur-weigh, and Fri-weigh.