Chocolate

What can I substitute for chocolate. I have found light and fit yogurt, raspberry chocolate but it doesn't hit the spot. I need something to stop the carvings. :(

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    buy better chocolate and limit yourself to what will fit into your calorie goals
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Ghiardelli dark squares. Sweet, tasty, healthful, and 70 calories for each individually wrapped serving.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Fresh air.....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    9e072dd3cc3eb68ab4e2bbfbec26f008.jpg

I do love chocolate carvings!

Have you tried high cocoa (70% +) cocoa dark? I can kill a block of milk chocolate in half an hour, but good, high cocoa dark chocolate satisfies with a couple of squares.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Dark chocolate!! A square of Trader Joe's dark chocolate is only 22 cals. One or two squares definitely hits the spot. :yum:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited February 2016
    I've tried to cut out chocolate and it just makes me binge on it eventually. I make sure I have 200-300 calories left at the end of the day and I just have my chocolate (or ice cream). I'm much more successful this way.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    I have Brookside dark chocolate pomegranates (it is sweet and a little tart too) when I get my chocolate cravings. I eat 4 (about 16 make up a serving) for 45 calories, then I close it up and put it away. Drink a glass of water, and reevaluate to see if my craving went away. If not, I'll eat another 4, then just stop until the next day. Usually I'm good after the first 4 that I eat.
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    What others have said is good advice. Don't give up chocolate. Just limit yourself to what you do eat. Find a way to make it fit into your daily caloric goal. I myself attempted to cut out chocolate chip cookies, but found that I would always mentally find a way to excuse them anyway. I have a sweet-tooth, and it's okay. I just find a way to make it fit.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Life would be sad without chocolate. I eat it in some form or another every day.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Nope. I fit two squares of Dove dark chocolate into my calories every day. If I give it up I will have a bad time. And so will everyone around me.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Dove darks...individually wrapped, 50 calories each, and still creamy like milk chocolates. PLUS as a bonus you get a little inspirational quote on the inside of the wrapper...makes me smile every time!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    This is not a short term thing for me, its my new life style. I have chocolate most days, i just make it fit my calories. I couldn't imagine never having it so it needs to fit my new life choices.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    What can I substitute for chocolate. I have found light and fit yogurt, raspberry chocolate but it doesn't hit the spot. I need something to stop the carvings. :(

The best substitute I've found is.........chocolate. I keep Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate squares in the freezer. I eat one most days of the week.

To maintain a weight loss I will need to A.) Manage chocolate portions or B.) Give up chocolate forever. I choose A.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Fiber One oats and chocolate bars are awesome.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,131 Member
    The fiber one brownies are really good.
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    I have not yet found a substitute for chocolate... I have to have it. What I do is get some good dark chocolate and before it gets put into my cupboard I portion it out and store it in little bags so I know one serving is so many calories. I usually take one portion to work with me everyday :)