I back and could use support!

Options
January of 2011 I looked at myself in the mirror and did not like what I saw or how I felt. That is when I decided to take control of the things that I could in my life and make some positive changes.I began to watch what I ate and exercise and before I knew it I lost 40 pounds and felt great (physically). That was when I started to look at other aspects of my life. I had spent many years (22) in a controlling marriage where everything that went wrong was "my fault". I spent a lot of time apologizing and taking the blame for things that weren't my fault. I asked to go to counselling for 15 years and was told that I could go because the problems were mine. So three years ago I did go and realized that nothing was going to change so I filed for divorce.

As you can imagine, while the best thing for me, it was a very stressful time. I actually lost too much weight at the time and looked very unhealthy. As time went by things got better and I was happy and hopeful about the future. Then shortly after Christmas that same year my mother unexpextedly pasted away.

I'm not sure exactly when but some where along the line I've started picking bad habits back up along with some weight. Most my clothes still fit but they are getting tight. I stopped keeping track of my food and hardly exercise.

It's time to get myself together and stop making excuses. I've gained back everything I lost. I'd love to recommit to all my friends who haven't dropped me and invite new friends for support and be supported.

The past three years has been the toughest I've ever had but I got to stop with the excuses. Everyone has em. It's time to get my life started again! Who's with me!!

Replies

• Redheadedmomma13
    Options
    Great attitude! I too, have been struggling with excuses. It's so much easier when I think my weight, or bad choices (like a binge last night) are really not my fault, it's stress, or emotions, or whatever sounds better than me.
  • cpliego
    cpliego Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good job for being strong and starting again! Good luck reaching your goals :smile:
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me:)
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I'd love to cheer you on! I'm a mom of 4, down 45 lbs. so far. You can do it!
  • cromer0778
    cromer0778 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 58 I have a hard time staying on a diet I work 12 hours a day don't have time to cook I eat a lot of fast food in the morning because I have to get up at 430 am please help
  • cromer0778
    cromer0778 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I'd love to cheer you on! I'm a mom of 4, down 45 lbs. so far. You can do it!