Hi all! Im a noob to losing weight but not to dieting!

Options
I've always been a yo-yo dieter for my whole life, but I'm gonna keep it off this time. After my triple bypass, I was able to control the eating but remained inactive. Some pounds came off (for a while) but as I felt better I relapsed into my same old negative eating behaviors. As of January 25,2011 (my birthday present to myself was to see the doctor) the doc weighed me in at 389 lbs. The last time I personally checked my weight was on September 11, 2010 and I weighed 319 lbs. I was flabbergasted (no pun intended) at how quickly my weight had jumped. After my MD discussed the need to make sure my funerary arrangements were in order, he actually cried and said he would miss me, and assured me that he would take good care of my 8 year old son, and make sure he grows up happy and healthy if my wife was not opposed. She was only opposed to me dying. The doctor's demeanor was the exact catalyst I needed to start losing again and my wifes motivation to shop and cook better for us all. I know that with the help of myfitnesspal.com (as well as the treadmill, pedometer, stationary recumbent bike and small used weight set I bought at a garage sale) tha when i take it off, it WILL stay off this time. I started recording here when i was 341 pounds, but I mentally add the additional 48 pounds I lost before starting here. My daily goals are to stick to my calorie allottment and to shoot to lose weight by the 10's which I call the checkpoints. My mid-term goal is to get below 300 and NEVER be above that line again; next goal 274 which is 1 pound less the my pre-surgery weight, then 250. Next is my long range goal of breaking 200 and never weighing over that again. This time, I WILL DO IT!!!

Replies

• stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Welcome! sounds like you've made a great start. Add me if you like.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hooray for determination! It doesn't look like anything is going to stop you so best of luck!
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck with your journey!
  • errbellyq51
    Options
    Thanks a million! And you as well... :)
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yea! Best of luck to you. With commitment and the support around here I know you can do it.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Nothing can stop you from your determination to lose weight and be more healthy. I salute you for your eagerness and determination. By the way, don't diet. Diets only work on short-time basis. You can still eat the foods you want while losing weight. All you need is to watch out your calories you put in, eat in moderation and avoiding empty calories that don't offer nutrition such as sodas, cookies, junk foods, refined carbs such as white bread, white rice, white pasta and artificial fruit drinks. And burn-off more calories than you take in. I know you can do it.