Coffee???

Options
I can't live without my coffee in the morning how bad is the sugar and creamer effecting my goals being first thing in the morning

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Are you staying within your calories? Are you measuring/weighing the cream and sugar so they're accounted for?

If yes, go right ahead and have your coffee :)

I like to have a cup or two with some half & half and flavored creamer. I just make sure I measure & log my liquids.

Coffee is good.

~Lyssa
  • narla83
    narla83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used MFP once before (recently started again) and lost 12kg in 3 months.
    I had my large Caramel Latte every monring for breakfast mon-fri.
    I guess the trick is ensuring you stay within your calories, and make sure you exercise a little each day too so you earn back some calories to use for food.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ^ What Lyssa said. As long as you're accounting for it and it's not causing you to go over your calorie goal, nothing whatsoever wrong with it and it will have zero effect upon your goals. The world isn't ready for me without coffee in the morning, so I feel what you're saying.
  • superaustinbell
    superaustinbell Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yea I gotta have my coffee I already cut out beer so imma keep my coffee thanks for the tips
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I think you REALLY need to have a look at my diary ;)
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Man up and drop the sugar and creamer, the coffee part is fine!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I don't have star in mine, and even after googling it a number of times I still don't quite understand what creamer is, but I have a small skinny latte every day.

As far as how it's effecting your goals, if you can fit in your calories, not at all. Only you can answer that.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I can't live without my coffee in the morning how bad is the sugar and creamer effecting my goals being first thing in the morning

ummm weigh/measure and find out ;)

my creamer is non negotiable and the first thing i log every morning ;)
  • TTopless
    TTopless Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I enjoy 1 cup of coffee with cream and 1 tablespoon of sugar every SINGLE morning--these are the only non-vegetable carbs (for the most part) that I eat. I have lost nearly 15 pounds this first month. I say, "priorities"....Additionally, I have had coffee with stevia etc. in the past and I saw no extra loss. Some will argue that stevia causes the body to react, but I don't know that it would be necessarily good to lose weight any faster than I have. I think having that 1 thing is the key to maintaining the feeling that you can do it. Just me.
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    No coffee... No workee. You're fine. :)
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Need all the coffee! And I drink it throughout the day. All day, every day. Log and enjoy!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Their effect on your goals directly correlates to their effect on your deficit.
    If you're logging it and still maintaining your deficit, they're no different than any other food.

...of course...they're still no different than any other food even if you don't log them...hmm...

Ok. Going to bed now.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,992 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with 2 tsp sugar and 2 tbsp half and half. It has 70 calories and I drink 2 cups every morning. I just fitbitbin my daily calorie goal. So far I've lost 27 pounds so it isn't hurting my progress. I measure the sugar and the half and half so I know I'm not over pouring. If it is important to you just fit it in.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Yes please, I'd love a cup, thank you.

We use stevia extract as a no calorie sweetner, and skim or reduced fat milk. Log it. I lose weight at about 1350 calories, but faster at 1200 (not counting exercise calories). If you're stalled you have 5 choices, exercise more, switch to a no calorie sweetner, use less sugar, change your choice of whitener, remove some calories from what you eat later in the day.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yep, just log it and as long as you're within your goal you are fine.

I devote a full cup of milk to my coffee each morning. Half and half or cream is nice but 2% (sometimes whole) milk works just as good for me. To each his own though :)
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee almost every morning 16oz of coffee, 4 tbsp of fat free half and half and 1tsp of sugar is around 64 calories.

You just have to make it work. If you're getting a sugar filled 300 calorie treat from Starbucks every morning, that probably isn't helping.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The only time it causes a problem is if you can't fit it in your goals. I drink two 16 oz iced coffees with 2 tbsp creamer each almost every morning and sometimes another in the afternoon. At 70 calories a glass, it's easy to fit into my day.

When I don't use creamer, I will use flavored coffee grounds and 2 tbsp almond milk. Or regular coffee with sugar free syrup and 2 tbsp almond milk. In this case my glasses come out to less than 70 cals each.

I always use sweetener instead of sugar, but that is just to save a few calories. I will never drink my coffee black.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Since I would only echo all of the above with my own post, I just figured a meme is in order

d8aec02b5396c5f10fb32ea3b7dd2c10.jpg
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I have enormous amounts of coffee with cream and sweetener every day. It affects my goals in the same way that cheese or broccoli or chicken or cake or pretzels or Coca-Cola or steak or Sunny D or purple drank or popcorn or bagels... If I work it into my calorie and macro/micro goals, I stay in track.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    kota4bye wrote: »
    Man up and drop the sugar and creamer, the coffee part is fine!

Not necessary as long as the creamer/sugar is not putting her over her calorie goals for the day.

I like my coffee how I like it. I weigh out my flavored creamers and work them into my daily goals. I switched from sugar to Equal. I also lift like a man and have lost nearly 25 lbs, and I'm still losing. I personally think I've "manned up" enough.

Don't mess with my coffee.