Options
Am a 27 year old mom just trying up my self esteem
Am so flaky i always end up giving up but am really trying stay dedicated

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Why do you always give up?
    If wanting to feel better about yourself is your motivation then remember that when you feel like giving up! It's a vicious cycle as if you give up, you'll probably end up feeling worse about yourself. So just keep reminding yourself why you started!
  • kelly_trixie
    kelly_trixie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I give up i believe because that number on the scale makes me believe exercise isnt doing anything i go right back to only eating once a day and getting all my calories from soda but i know that i need to just stick to it your not suppose to drop weight 20 pounds at a time its a time consuming thing
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Ignore the scale. Fluctuations are normal but if you can't ignore those fluctuations, it's best just to ignore the scale. I weigh once a week and I know that weight loss isn't linear. I will not lose every week. I may even gain a little but as long as I'm in a deficit, I'm losing regardless of what the scale says. I would suggest taking pictures instead. I would also suggest giving these threads a read: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest Exercise is for fitness/health and can help create a deficit but you don't have to exercise to lose weight. It's about calories in vs. calories out or CICO.

It is a lifestyle change. No, you won't lose 20 pounds at a time (1-2 lbs a week is a good pace) but you could feel better and more in control by making better choices toward meeting your goals.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm the type that have up frequently after a couple weeks. I feel like this time is different though and am proud of all the work I've done this last month.
  • kelly_trixie
    Options
    I have told everyone around me to just not mention weighing myself and to not let me near a scale til at least april but i am doing my best to remind myself as well giving up is not an option i am not that person i have stuck with everything else besides weight loss now its time to stick with this
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    You can do it!
  • kelly_trixie
    Options
    Am def trying working out everyday is a real wench but am on a 3 day streak so i just gotta keep going