Beachbody Programs

Options
I have done various Beachbody programs but there is nowhere to actually put it in to the exercises. Anyone have any suggestions how to add these details to the Fitness Pal. None of the programs are on here. The lack of program details on here is partially why I have not been using it. I am not getting accurate results. Anyone else have this problem or know a different way where I can take advantage of both

Replies

• This1Guy
    This1Guy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I add the Beachbody exercise as a custom exercise under "My Exercises". I wear a heart rate monitor and record how many calories I burned during that session. The heart rate monitor is customized to my gender, height, and weight. This is the most accurate way to record your Beachbody or similar program.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Beachbody specific programs and/or specific exercises on the dvd's are not in the exercise database. I would not have any idea which dvd's you are using to advise you on setting up custom exercises or choosing strength training from within the cardio section.

MFP gives you an estimation only as it cannot tell you your heart rate/effort given in the exercise which is where you get your calorie burn from.

You can only use the estimation and it is recommended that because it is an estimation, to not eat back all the calories. For example lifting weights burn very little calories therefore most ignore those calories but do want to add the exercise to their diary each day for record keeping.

I hate to think the reason you are not using MFP is because of the exercise database alone. If you are not getting accurate results are you eating back the entire estimation of exercising that MFP is giving you?

Are you weighing your food? This is the most important thing of all and the exercise is secondary to logging your food intake daily accurately. Have you by chance read the stickies at the beginning of the forums regarding eating back exercise calories?

• golf_pro_wife
    golf_pro_wife Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have used various programs. I can guarantee I definitely am not eating all the calories including what is burned, honestly I am not a big eater.

I have used Cize, 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme, I briefly dabbled in T25 lol.

Gia I have no heart rate monitor yet but the husband and I are toying with getting one. I was using MFP quite a lot but then it just kind of dwindle and then stopped all together. I really enjoyed it when i did use it. I don't weigh my food but I portion it out using the beachbody containers (ie 1 cup fruit, 1 cup veg etc)
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitor will get you about as close as possible...all the programs are effort base...pushing play and watching the DVD doesn't burn the calories, it is what you do (thats why there are not presets for these)...its all how hard you go. Did you do every rep with good form, were you taking lots of breaks, did you use a modifier, etc, all this goes into the calorie burn for the exercises on the programs