Curiosity-what do you think about when exercising????

Options
Exercise is so so so boring. I often wonder what everyone else thinks about when they are exercising.

For example, A thing I like to think about is swanning past my ex (Who called me fat) on the beach in a jaw dropping bikini with an *kitten* that Kylie Minouge would be jealous of. :P

Anyone else???

Replies

• shelcof
    shelcof Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    OH man....that's very similar to my thought processes.

I imagine one ex's jaw dropping when he sees me, I imagine the other ex asking for me to come back (to which I laugh in his face of course.....)

Its a great motivator, isn't it?
  • Heraci
    Heraci Posts: 23
    Options
    That's a good one. When I'm inside, I'm usually guilty of spacing out completely and not thinking about much of anything or watching tv, but when I run, I just like to enjoy the environment and think about the world around me. It's kind of my own personal 'me time' where I can reflect on the world. It makes it seem more relaxing.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I get bored too so I put a tv program on my iphone in the gym and I lose myself in it.
    when I am using my punch bag i play the "best of free album" and a "thunder" album I have as they are great for setting my pace and rythmn :)
    I also use the punch bag for stress relief or anger and if I am feeling that way I wil nip in the garage and hit a few ;)
  • JoeyandChase
    Options
    hahahahaha ~ LOVE the "ex~factor"!! my thoughts are always, "ok, 30 minutes left....20 minutes left...5 minutes left!!!" LOL
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm usually so lost in the music I don't think of much. But a tiny weeny bikini next summer is a nice thought....... :)
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha ~ LOVE the "ex~factor"!! my thoughts are always, "ok, 30 minutes left....20 minutes left...5 minutes left!!!" LOL

same here
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    Interesting question... depends on what I'm doing...

If I'm in an aerobics class, I'm mostly trying to figure out the moves and keep time with the music.

If I'm on a machine (i.e. treadmill, elliptical, etc.), I'm watching TV... so brain dead and not thinking.

Otherwise, I'm playing tricks with my brain/body like... "Only 30 more seconds...(until this interval is over)". Or... "You've done 40 min, what's another 5 or 10."
  • Skinny625
    Skinny625 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I picture myself at my goal weight in an amazing outfit doing like a reveal to my friends
    and family. And feeling strong and proud of myself what I have accomplished. :bigsmile:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    breathing, not tripping on the treadmill, hoping the next song rocks, because the current one won't get me through the next interval, breathing, keeping my torso straight while I jog and not swinging my hands in front of me, only on the sides, because if they swing in front, they catch on the treadmill key and stop my workout abruptly... bad.

Also, if I'm struggling to get through an interval (C25K) I chant over and over "puke faint or die, keep going"
    what does my butt look like from behind when I run? Gosh, I'm glad I'm in my basement and not at a gym. I'm rockin' the tank top, but the bottoms, not so much...I hope I don't swing my arms so bad I punch myself in the face, that would s*ck. I wonder what I'll have for a post-workout snack, yogurt? cheese? mm cheese...Cheddar or swiss or jack? I'm so hungry. Water, I need water, when the he!! is this interval over...Don't look at the clock, don't look at the clock, don't look at the clock, darn, I looked at the clock, only half way through this interval.. concentrate on the music, not the time, the music!
    LOL.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Anything! Everything! My past, current stuff, making an ex jealous, making frienmies even more jealous etc!e
  • fifon1
    fifon1 Posts: 17
    Options
    my thought varies. but most of the times i fantasize about getting into that super tight dresses at the boutique's display window right infront of my gym. i picked that particular treadmill for this reason. lol!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    breathing, not tripping on the treadmill, hoping the next song rocks, because the current one won't get me through the next interval, breathing, keeping my torso straight while I jog and not swinging my hands in front of me, only on the sides, because if they swing in front, they catch on the treadmill key and stop my workout abruptly... bad.

Also, if I'm struggling to get through an interval (C25K) I chant over and over "puke faint or die, keep going"
    what does my butt look like from behind when I run? Gosh, I'm glad I'm in my basement and not at a gym. I'm rockin' the tank top, but the bottoms, not so much...I hope I don't swing my arms so bad I punch myself in the face, that would s*ck. I wonder what I'll have for a post-workout snack, yogurt? cheese? mm cheese...Cheddar or swiss or jack? I'm so hungry. Water, I need water, when the he!! is this interval over...Don't look at the clock, don't look at the clock, don't look at the clock, darn, I looked at the clock, only half way through this interval.. concentrate on the music, not the time, the music!
    LOL.

Hahah all of above!
  • RiseWayward
    RiseWayward Posts: 24 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHAHA SNAP!!!!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    At the gym I am kinda a people watcher so I see what other people are up to or wonder why the guy in the corner feels the need to wear sunglasses while lifting, etc... haha:laugh: Mostly try to NOT look at the minutes left and usually am thinking about what I get to eat for lunch afterwards!
  • Yayi724
    Yayi724 Posts: 13
    Options
    Most times I just think about finishing but probably could benefit from thinking of something more inspirational.
  • KittMahan
    KittMahan Posts: 106
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!

If my exercise is a walk its outside and usually I'm enjoying time where I don't have to work. I'm basically a single mother with many teens, there is so little peace for me that it's a pleasure to be able to blank out with Evanascence or some dance music playing in my ipod.

If my exercise is yard work or house work I'm thinking about how nice it would be to have kids who picked up after themselves all the time without being reminded :p
  • botography
    botography Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I cannot exercise-exercise. I have to do something. I do housework, yardwork, go dancing, anything but exercise. It bores me and I know it will not last it I hate it. So I simply find something to do that takes energy. So far I am not without projects, things to do.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    This has been a topic for runners since the "running boom" in the 1970s. There are two types of approaches: associative and dissociative. As the name implies, those who dissociate tend to detach mentally from the activity and occupy the mind with external thoughts.

Association takes the opposite approach-the runner stays focused on the exercise activity, paying attention to all of the physical sensations, monitoring performance and maintaining an internal monologue to stay relaxed, in control, maintain form, etc.

Studies show that elite athletes tend to associate and recreational exercisers tend to dissociate.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    This has been a topic for runners since the "running boom" in the 1970s. There are two types of approaches: associative and dissociative. As the name implies, those who dissociate tend to detach mentally from the activity and occupy the mind with external thoughts.

Association takes the opposite approach-the runner stays focused on the exercise activity, paying attention to all of the physical sensations, monitoring performance and maintaining an internal monologue to stay relaxed, in control, maintain form, etc.

Studies show that elite athletes tend to associate and recreational exercisers tend to dissociate.

i do both of those things at different times
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options

I dissociate for sure. Clearly not an elite athlete, lol