Detox????

Options
What is the best detox process? Any suggestions on the best ones?

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but i have researched the Clean program quite a bit and I think it makes sense.

You basically have liquids for breakfast and dinner and then a healthy lunch - liquids being either soup or juice (the juice recipes seem to suggest a juicer but I imagine its not THAT tough).

The overall idea behind it seems to be that you rest your digestive system for 18 hours - but you still EAT and intake a reasonable amount of calories every day, you just don't put your digestive system to work for anything but lunch.

I did an accidental detox when I had a terrible flu 2 weeks ago - I didn't feel much like eating and my throat hurt so bad all I was doing was drinking tons and tons of cold water and taking a few little bites of food every day. But I was also sick and doing nothing but lying down - I couldn't NOT eat if I was working. I dropped 15 pounds during that (5 popped back on) according to the scale and more importantly my skin cleared up like CRAZY - shockingly so.

So I think detoxing works, when I'm ready to commit to it I'm going to try the Clean one.
  • fiensishsoldier
    Options
    I read an article this evening that detox helps by removing toxins that live in fat cells. The fat cells prevent the toxins from being harmful to us, and so stay in the body. Once the toxins are gone, the fat cells are free to leave the body (because they don't have to house/protect us from the toxins), and then we can lose weight more easily.
    Does anyone know if this actually works - or is it just herbal mumbo jumbo? (as you can tell, I'm quite sceptical about alternative medicine).
    Also, it makes sense that you lose some weight on a detox, but can a detox actually clear your intestines of plaque (faecal build up) which can result in a significant weight loss?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks, Taryn
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    While I have not personally done any form of cleanse I know several people who have used the 3 day Shakeology Cleanse and absolutely loved it. I can say Shakeology tastes great (from personal experience) but I haven't followed the 3 shakes a day regimen. Message me if you would like more info.