From 282 to 232

Options
I am at 50 pounds weight loss. I feel much better. More energy and just a better outlook on life. My story begins with me being at normal weight throughout school. At high school graduation I was 160 pounds and I am 6 foot three male. I joined the Navy and remained active and normal weight for the next few years. I got married at age 21 to an amazing woman and we liked to eat and cook Mexican food as she is Mexican. My weight slowly started coming on and by the age of 34 I was 282 pounds. I had high blood pressure and just very bad negative self-image that caused anxiety and poor self-worth. I hated being in a room full of people because I felt like they were judging my fatness lol. My breaking point came at age 35 when I won a 10 year government service award and the picture that was taken revealed a really fat guy standing next to a fit Navy Captain. I was like twice his size. It was heartbreaking but was the motivation I needed. I went to the doctor and requested 2 months of phentermine to kick things off. I owe my success not on the medication because I only took it for 2 months but my success came from my fitness pal. For the first time in my life I held myself accountable for the food that goes into my mouth. I love logging food and treat it like a game that will extend your life. I am hoping to lose weight until I get to 215. Today I am very happy and proud of my accomplishments. If I can do it, anyone can. I use to eat tons of food like 3 bigmacs and chocolate and 5 cokes per day. I had not limit. Today I feel in control of my life thanks to my fitness pal. My high blood pressure is normal. No more anxiety. No more doubt. No more poor self image. I just log and stay in control. My diet log is always open if you desire to view. I welcome more friends as well. Best of luck to you all. Do it for you and no one else. Sure if is hard logging but in the end you will be happier I swear.

Replies

• Adrisn
    Adrisn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! that is an excellent achievement.
  • Eagles8080
    Eagles8080 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It sure feels good. :)
  • KBique
    KBique Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That is fantastic! :)
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Sounds like your hard work has paid off - well done! :D
  • Eagles8080
    Options
    Thank u all. The mfp friends i have made along the way have been tremendous help.
  • akela4860
    akela4860 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    congrats,,, I too have lost 50lbs but it is so hard to lose the last 50. Started few years ago at 255 and now down to 205. Tried trainers and boot camps but lost and gained the same 10 lbs. Last week I decided to come back to my fitness pal, and my TOPS group, where I started and now walk 5km a day. Back to basics. I too had high blood pressure, didn't know it til I did a fitness test at the gym and it was 220/160. Now down to a more normal of 130/85 but i really want to kick the bp medicine. So back at it I go. Eating healthy and exercise, one day one meal at a time. Feel free anyone to add me as a friend.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Great job! WTG!
  • Eagles8080
    Options
    Thank u all for kind replies. We are all on the same team with united goal: weight loss
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!