Any medical people here, doctors, nurses, other who want to form a group and support each other?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Murphles1210
    Murphles1210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    provon wrote: »
    I feel extra guilty knowing that I need to lose this 30 pounds and set a good example for my kids and patients. Anyone else?

Please add me. My diary is open!

• PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    *bump*

Our group has 54 members. Let's keep growing.
  • PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up from page 15 to see if any HC folks want to join this group. Up to 62 members now.
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a nursing student who will be graduating in a year from now. I need to lose at least 100lbs, and would love to be down 50 lbs for graduation. While I've been obese my whole adult life, nursing school has made me the most unhealthy I've ever been!
  • ayslinn28
    ayslinn28 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ICU RN here. I volunteer as tribute lol! I work nights and at night we only have a crappy little cafe that sells chicken tenderloin, hamburgers, pizza, and tonsssss of desserts... I'm really bad about bringing my own so usually it's off to the cafe I go! I've stopped that now but it's really hard to know what to eat, and how to eat, on night shift. Especially when sometimes I only have five seconds to cram something down.

I'm giving protein shakes a go. Not as a meal replacement, but as a snack when mixed with 8 oz skim milk. They seem to keep me full at least and they're something I can eat quickly. Any other tips very welcome!

• dgoode444
    dgoode444 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    RN also trying to lose weight so I can be healthy please add me!
  • crazydogladyjess
    crazydogladyjess Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    RN here. Went from floor nurse to more of a desk nursing job and gained a bunch of weight (for a variety of reasons). Need to get in shape, as I know how important it is, and also feel like a hypocrite. Feel free to add me, would love more mfp pals.
  • fey1
    fey1 Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'll be starting PA school in May. A bit of my background: almost 20 years as a fine dining cook/pastry chef, striving to eat the most awesome tasting food with no worries about nutritional content led to 180 pounds on a petite 5'2" frame. Lost 60 pounds with the help of a wonderful doc a few years ago, less rigorous monitoring of my diet led to slowly putting 20 back on. I look/feel ok, but am happier 10-15 pounds lighter, and am worried that the stress of school may lead to additional gains. I seriously miss my doc, and would greatly appreciate having a community of support over the next few years.
  • poojie4
    poojie4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in my last year of pharmacy school, feel free to add me! I graduate this May and I just want to be healthier!