Proud!!!

Options
I am on my 8th day of a 1300 calorie diet! i have never counted calories before! this app makes it easy and fun! Yesterday i dropped my calorie intake to 1200 (the lowest you should go) Im excited to see results! ive already lost two pounds! 10 more to go to reach my goal! Anybody els doing a low calorie intake?

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm at 1200 + half my exercise calories, but until last week, I was still in the 'obese' BMI category. I don't want to be a downer here, but if you're already losing 2 pounds a week on 1300, that's considered maximum safe loss unless you're obese. I'd stick with your 1300 for now, and an approx 2 pounds per week, instead of trying to go lower. Too low of calorie intake for your body type and you can end up seriously ill. :)
  • AmarieAngela
    AmarieAngela Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks. its 2pounds a week at 1200 calories a day, Its the lowest calorie intake that is still safe while getting all daily nutrients needed. i did start at 1300 a day but noticed i was able to save 100 once i got use to it. I am 10 pounds over my regular weight and am ready to get it under control before it gets out of control. (i was almost 20 pounds over, but lost the other weight just by not binge eating) Thank you for the look out
    Hi! I'm at 1200 + half my exercise calories, but until last week, I was still in the 'obese' BMI category. I don't want to be a downer here, but if you're already losing 2 pounds a week on 1300, that's considered maximum safe loss unless you're obese. I'd stick with your 1300 for now, and an approx 2 pounds per week, instead of trying to go lower. Too low of calorie intake for your body type and you can end up seriously ill. :)

• PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me and I will offer you my support and help as long as your goals and weightloss is healthy.