Day 1

Options
Hi, Brand new to this. I have the tools I need as far as healthy food choices and exercise. An acute health problem has finally gotten me to fully surrender!! My problem is with learning about serving/portion size and always including the variety of foods. Also, the thought of weighing and measuring foods is so new to me. I was an emotional eater and a just eat out of habit type eater. Learning to eat for nutrition is a bit overwhelming at first. I have a strong feeling I will get used to it as I need a 100 pound weight loss. Believe I can reach that goal in the next 2 years. Love this site and all the info I have found so far!!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You will succeed at this. Get a few friends and each day when you log in you can see their exercise reports. That's helps all of us keep each other motivated.
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome...I'm 36 days into this new journey and i must say it is easier than i thought...i'm a 55 year old fart looking to drop 100 myself... so far i'm down 20 lbs and if i can do this anyone can... log your food ,every bite.. stay under your daily calories... and move... for me its walking... oh if you can pick up one of those fitness trackers it will help.. i have a fitbit charge... i love it...i'm up to 13k steps per day. it really helps and is a self motivator...you don't have to run a marathon. just do what you can and each day add a little more.. push a little harder each day. i actually look for ways to walk more... parking the car a little further away each time i go out.

don't give up and don't give in... i know i will each my goal... i'm sure you can too
  • bienie268
    bienie268 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you will do fabulous. it is very helpful using this. loads of things to read and loads of ideas for food to try