12.5 hours so far without a cig

Options
It's getting harder, but I'm not giving in. nope.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB, hang tough :) it gets easier (believe it or not) and one day you'll wakeup and the smell of smoke will disgust you :)
    ex-smokers are the worst about that, hahahahaha. Keep up the good work.
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome!! Keep it up. You can get through this. After a while, it won't be so hard.
  • cpip85
    cpip85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done so far, you can do it!!! My Fiance has done 6 weeks now so I sort of know how hard it can be, just keep at it :)

xx
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!! I quit 2 months ago!! Let me tell you, quitting has been awesome! I don't feel as tired, I have easier workouts, and I don't smell! Keep it up!!!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Awesome, keep it up. It's one of the hardest things you can do but if you get passed that first few weeks you'll breeze through the rest - it's about 6 years since I quit now :)
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!!! Good for you :D
  • RoseRoskovensky
    Options
    you can do it, I stopped smoking 4 and a half years ago, I am so glad I did. You will not believe how much better you will feel. You can do it. The first 3 days are the hardest.
  • kitchenfairy
    Options
    Keep it up! Your life will be so much better. Hubby quit 10 years ago and he now gets sick around it.
  • jwatford
    jwatford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Giver yourself a mental victory party and then keep putting out of your mind. Don't let your brain start trying to rationalize how 'sensible' it would be to just have a smoke. Stay Strong!
  • RoseRoskovensky
    Options
    try something different, trick your system. I think you've done great.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Stay strong!!!!!
  • clothcat
    clothcat Posts: 8
    Options
    First 3 days are the hardest - get through them and you're laughing (well, you know, kinda!!). I had a great livestrong app on my phone which really helped me when I quit - and I'm 63 days free and clear now.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats. When my mom gave up smoking she started carrying around a water bottle so her hands were busy. Maybe something like that could help you too. Good luck!
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Great job...It was the hardest thing I ever did. Friend me if you are looking for additional support. Be Strong!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    so far, so good!!
  • AbFab2011
    AbFab2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done you can do it!
  • Carolyn1136
    Carolyn1136 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job. My husband and I quit 6 months ago; I chewed A LOT of cinnamon gum; my husband cut plastic straws in half and chewed on them - he still does. My point is- when the urge to smoke hits you, do something to distract your sefl!

Good luck - YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You are 12.5 hrs longer than me..........GREAT JOB!!!!!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Great job. You can do this!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!!! You can do it!