New to community

Options
Hi all,
I've been on My Fitness Pal for a few weeks now and just found forum board. My call sign is Murano243. My main issue is keeping fluid off(due to an illness) which I am on water meds. for and they work pretty well. I did put on a flat tire and a stomac(not huge but not me) which I work out to get back in shape. I was laid-up all of 2014 thru Feb. 2015. I have a gym in my house with a Total gym,a Golds gym treadmill that does everything, a Maxi climb steper,and a Peloton cycle. I go to a gym for things that I don't have,and best of all the Gym is free(I,m a viet nam vet.with 2yrs.in country,a Beirut vet,and Desert Storm, after which my wife ordered me to retire(Marine Corps 30 yrs.). My sport is shooting competition IPSC,3-gun,and more so I have to stay in shape for fast action.
My diet consist of a lot of protein and i,m getting better with the vegies I think. It's finding the right ones for fighting bad carbs, I hope some one can advise me on that and the best all around everything.
I would like to thank you all for letting me into your community,

Murano243
Semper Fi

Replies

• meggers316
    meggers316 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Like you, I'm also knew. Thank you for serving out country and I wish you well on this new adventure! :-)
  • Murano243
    Murano243 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi m the meggers316, Thank you for the welcome, and I wish you well also. What are the goals you are going for?

Semper Fi
  • Dockbob
    Dockbob Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Semper Fi ~ d2
  • Murano243
    Murano243 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Doc.....this is my third time trying to get back to you.....Welcome aboard. This MFP is so frustrating (to me) when after a time of answering back to someone, hit post reply get knocked out, or typing away and the curser goes where it wants, like it's done it 4 times on this.
    Who were you with, I was in 2nd mar div, 3rd mar div,3rd maw in Nam & states, N.A.S. Atlanta, all over the place in
    30 yrs. Did 2 NATO cruses also, Meds., & Caribes as well as PAC cruses, in the Desert a few times. I received orders
    from my wife to retire. Young 46, no kids sweet, we have one daughter now a Marine Aviator.

So Doc what are you shooting for here on MFP, anyway I can support here I am. By the way check out maxworkouts
    .com the program works, consist of intense workouts for short periods of time (10,15,20 minutes). I do mine in the
    morning and after dinner. awell,

Semper Fi