Confessions

Options
2»

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm eating all of my calories
    I eat some but not all of my extra earned calories.
    I exercise 6 days a week.
    I log EVERYTHING and assume that I'm underestimating my calories since I estimate serving sizes.

I've lost 12 pounds since December and 7 inches overall. That's only a drop in the bucket for what I need to loose but I'm encouraged. I think the reason I've been more successful this time than other times when I've done the same things is that I've added weight training to my exercise routines. I do low weights/high repititions twice a week.

I firmly beleive that having to log all of my food helps me to make better choices. Logging all my exercise motivates me to work out when I might have talked myself out of it.

Good luck!
  • mbaker1169
    mbaker1169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Are you eatting all of your calories each day?
    Do you eat the bonus calories if you earn them?
    Are you exercising?
    Do you log everything in?
    Based on what you are doing what has your success looked like? ARe you losing or maintaining?
    Anything else you want to add....

Lets see,
    I try to eat all 1200, but usually come up a little short (like 50-100)
    Once again, I try, but 6-7 meals a day usually fill me up, so I come up short on work out days too
    I exercise about 3-4 times a week for an hour (cardio)
    I log EVERYTHING-- even on my cheat days-- its cool to check out my "out"nights and what I ate so that when I am done losing and ready to maintain, I can somewhat figure out what I am eating (like for instance-- I HAD NO IDEA an Awesome Blossom had 2700 calories...HOLY COW!)
    So far, it has been very successful. I have lost 16 pounds---rather fast though, which is a little scary, but I feel great and definately do not feel out of energy or starving.

I want to lose 20 more, and I feel I have learned so much and met some wonderful people since I have been on this site! I am very happy!!!!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Here I go...

Absolutely!
    Again, absolutely! I believe that they are not "bonus" calories and are actually mandatory - you burned them, you need to eat them back to make sure you don't drop your metabolism. Remember, we're still at a deficit, even with the "bonus" calories.
    Are you exercising?
    Yes. I have to, so I can eat all those calories! :smile: I exercise 6 days a week and alternate weight training, running, biking, and swimming. I jump rope in my basement if I miss the gym or there's too much snow outside to run safely.
    Yes - obsessively. I make the best guesses I can with unfamiliar foods or "bites" here and there of something.
    Based on what you are doing what has your success looked like? Are you losing or maintaining?
    I am losing - I've lost 8 lbs since I started less than three weeks ago, so I'm thrilled with that. The one thing I'm NOT thrilled with, though, is how hungry I feel. I really do work out a lot and am just hungry all the time. I am eating all my calories (including the "bonus" ones - I contend that they are not "bonus" and are mandatory - it tells us to eat them, after all!).

My first confession is tonight - my fiance roasted a turkey breast and it was ready when I came home. I know he basted the darn thing with about half a stick of butter, with rosemary and thyme, and it was seriously good. I went a little nuts. I estimate that I ate at least four servings. I ended up - wait for it - 900 calories OVER what I was supposed to eat, including the calories I earned from exercise. I started to get upset and then hey - I need to practice what I preach. I'll just work out a little extra this weekend, and darn it, I don't feel like I overate. I feel GREAT. It was really, really good. I feel satisfied for the first time in days.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yep, I count everything, I eat everything I need to, I work out 6 days a week, I log everything.
    I haven't lost a pound in months.
    But I lost an inch in my waist last month and gained 1/2 in. in my biceps in the past two months, so I could care less what that crummy scale has to say :tongue: Hmmm...don't really have a confession tonight. I guess that I didn't do abs tonight because I was nauseas hehe, I'll do them tomorrow though.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Love the topic :happy:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Do I eat all my calories: YES!
    Do I eat my bonus calories: 99% of them
    Are you exercising: Yes, six days a week and recreation on the "day off"
    Do you log everything in? Yes...even on my "reward day"
    Am I losing weight? Yes. Not as fast as I'd like to, but then I also take one day a week off, so given that, I think I am doing well.
    This site really helps, and we have made wonderful friends here.
    Cowboy
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Do I eat all my calories: YES!
    Do I eat my bonus calories: 99% of them
    Are you exercising: Yes, six days a week and recreation on the "day off"
    Do you log everything in? Yes...even on my "reward day"
    Am I losing weight? Yes. Not as fast as I'd like to, but then I also take one day a week off, so given that, I think I am doing well.
    This site really helps, and we have made wonderful friends here.
    Cowboy
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising?
    Based on what you are doing what has your success looked like? ARe you losing or maintaining?

Yes, I eat all calories, usually leave off about 100 cal if I can.
    Yes, I eat bonus calories if I work out but again, try to leave off 100 cal to make up for miscalculations
    Yes, I exercise 3-4 times a week... elliptical for 30-40 minutes and machine weights
    Yes, I log everything, I yell at my husband when he throws out a container before I have a chance to write it down!!!
    My success is 9 lbs down and many more to go. What I am doing for myself is working. I am actually getting use to everything and it's becoming part of my life now. I find greasy and fatty foods gross and would rather have something healthier, but still make room for something chocolatey!!! :tongue:
  • RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am usually always at my daily calories of 1800. I may go over or under a little. This past week I have tried to cycle, but have averaged 1800.

I don't ever eat the bonus calories

I try to exercise 1000 calories a day.

I am obsessive about logging in everything, and being correct on it.

Based on what I am doing, I have gone from 262 to 232 from Dec. 28 to Feb. 2 or 37 days. Although most of it was lost in the first 3 weeks.

This site has totally changed how I think, how I eat and exercise, and I am now constantly thinking about eating healthy. I have given up all soda and have gone from about 32 to 40 oz of caffeine a day to 6 or 8 or sometimes none. I don't really have cravings for old junk food, and my energy is way up. My memory and focus on my job seem to be better as well.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Usually.

Never- I am on a higher calorie total than the site suggests.

Are you exercising?
    6 days a week: At Least 30minutes of cardio 6 days & 1 hour of weights 3 days a week.

Yes

I have been averaging 10 pounds a month loss since the beginning of October. And losing inches.