need work lunch ideas

Options
Courtney344
Courtney344 Posts: 29 Member
so I have a desk job and eating healthy has become a challenge because I have to eat between appointments. Anyone have any filling quick lunch recipes to help me out? Thank you!

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I make ahead in large Tupperware bowl....salad mix and arugula, diced grilled chicken breast, sprinkle of feta cheese, sprinkle of dried cranberry, sprinkle of walnut and wholly guacamole spicy 100 calorie pack for dressing. Then a sliced apple or tangerine. Yummy and almost perfect macros, quick and easy.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I pre-make meals on Sunday. I do a lot of crockpot things like soup, chilli or this week was chicken and veggies, that or a stir-fry. I then divide it into individual portions and put half in the fridge and half in the freezer for later in the week.
  • MrsGolfie77
    MrsGolfie77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A steamable bag of mixed veggies, salsa, and a can of chicken. It's only like 250 calories and super filling!
  • SourNeonWorms
    SourNeonWorms Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like turkey on English muffin with laughing cow and mustard. Then a serving of fruit (like blackberries), pickles and pretzels. I'm a fan of the old school chips and sandwich style lunches :)
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I premade a big batch of burritos using low carb tortillas, ground turkey, rice, pinto beans, onions, garlic, salsa, and spices. I froze those in packs of two and they made a great lunch for eating at my desk! I also like soup in the individual serving sizes and lunch meat wraps on low carb tortillas. I am going to try to make a batch of burritos with chicken and avocado this weekend, too. I am not a huge fan of frozen meals, but I do like the chicken tikka masala and the reduced guilt mac 'n cheese from Trader Joe's. Those are good when you don't have much prep time. I usually make one of those entrees for lunch and pair it some combination of baby carrots, fruit, crackers, and cheese sticks. Light yogurt makes a nice, portable "dessert" because of the sweetness.
  • thrashscara
    thrashscara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Do you have a microwave?
    Steamed salmon, steamed veg and avocado
    Sweet Potato, tuna and greek yogurt
    Microwave eggs, milk, tomato, spinach, ham and drop of cheese in a cup, serve with steamed veg
    Roast a big batch of veg on Sunday, warm up a portion with some chicken and avocado.

I hate salad in case you didn't realise!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    90% of the time, I just make an extra portion at dinner time and have that for lunch the next day ... 90 seconds in the microwave, and I eat at my desk (the internet's not going to just read ITSELF, now is it?)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check my diary! I prep the night before for lunch and make sure I eat a protein filled breakfast/lunch/dinner with plenty of snacks in between. My job requires me to eat my food quickly and be ready to go, sometimes working through lunch, so ease is a necessity.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    My work lunches are the envy of my office. We have a toaster oven so I'm able to make roast chicken, brussels sprouts and other veg. I typically make a large batch of rice or potatoes at home and bring in portions for my work lunch as my carb.

Mason jar salads are good too, and very versatile. As someone else mentioned, it's easy to make extra at dinner time and pack the leftovers for lunch.

Soup is also good and easy to make/ freeze.