Struggling

Options
Hello to all,
I am a 45 year old mom have been with Fittness Pal or about half a year. Started Weight Watchers bout a year ago and had to stop cause it expensive. Anyway my husband and I and two daugters have a membeship at Gold's Gym. Doing real good then I got very sick and was unable to go for about a month. Now getting back into the swing of it. Noticed though that in that one month I gained back 10 pounds. I feel horrible like I let myself an family down. I know that I really need to focus on what I am eating and how much. I have head on Doctor Oz that Acai is very good for cleansing which I feel that is one thing that might rally help. Please if any of you have advice or opinion please feel free to assist. Good luck to all of us.

Replies

• RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Its not about how many times we fall....Its about how many times we get back up! You can do this! Time to get back on track!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Its not about how many times we fall....Its about how many times we get back up! You can do this! Time to get back on track!

right on
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I know it a cliche but one day at a time works best and what ever you do don`t beat yourself up if you stumble a bit.
    You can do this. There is loads of stuff out there that tastes great and isn`t stuffed with calories, you just have to find it.
    If you pinpoint your weakness (Mine is cheese and chocolate, not together though).

If you struggle please feel free to drop me a line and if I can help I will.

Remember to focus on today. You most definatley can do this.
  • jgdragonfly411
    Options
    Nariee - Diet is a big big part of weight loss. What are you generally eating? Here are some great low cost foods to use!

Brown rice - buy it in bulk. You can make a batch at the first of the week to include with lunches
    Barley - Same as above
    Oats/oatmeal - I eat this several mornings out of the week with honey or brown sugar and fruit or nuts or both
    Tuna - This is low cost, high in protein and you can do a lot of things with it! Wraps, tuna salad, throw it in pasta, omelettes etc.
    eggs - cook em however you want
    yogurt - I get generic fat free vanilla and add granola or fruit or put it in smoothies
    Cottage Cheese - add fruit
    chicken - get bonless skinless breasts, you can saute, grill, use them in sandwiches, make soups, nearly anythiing. I like to bake them with salsa on top.
    Frozen vegetables - you can find a wide array, many are now steam in the bag, just make sure to check sodium content
    Bananas

Make sure you buy fruit and vegetables in season, and they'll be lower cost. Also look for seafood that's reduced in price and you can make meals based on what you have.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon a time or two, the important factor in falling off the wagon, is how quickly you jump back on it. You fell and now it's time to climb back on the wagon and get yourself where you want to be. Don't beat yourself up for it, it happened and it's over and done. Learn from the actions that got you there and push on. You can do this, I believe you can, and YOU NEED TO BELIEVE ITS IN YOU TO DO THIS........Come on now, let's roll..........
  • jgdragonfly411
    Options

Totally love this!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    that is why it is so important for us to learn to eat healthy, not just diet or count points or calories, weight loss is 80% diet, 20% gym :) you can do it! get back on the horse and ride! lol, we all bounce back, its part of learning and life :)
  • coolani
    coolani Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This site has helped a lot of people to support each other. I am one who has a hard time reaching out but realized that it is ok to do that. You realize that you need support which is great. That is the first step.. I agree with the other posts....its getting up that is the important thing to focus on..... and just get through each day. Feel free to add me as a "friend" if you want. I am a nurse and believe in the power we all hold for ourselves and for others!!
  • valerieheat
    Options
    I hired a trainer for a one time nutritional consult. Based upon my current weight and measurements he recommended how many calories, proteins, carbs and fats I should eat daily. I put those recommendations into My Fitness Pal and it has really helped me stay on track. I also had a one time work out consult so I have both the food and exercise advice in writing so I can easliy do it myself without the trainer with me for each workout. The best part is one day a week is a free day - no exercise and I can eat whatever I want without writing any of it down. If its tough on Friday, I know I just have to hang on since my free day is Sunday. It's Friday but Sunday is coming~!!!! ;-)

You can reach your goals little by little, it will add up over time, just like how we gained weight - it accumulated over time
  • Nariee
    Nariee Posts: 2
    Options
    I eat real good lots of whole grain and pasta.. It is the time I am eating and I get these benges. I found out those are because I am not eating enough during the day. Thank you so much for your help. Will keep in touch
  • valerieheat
    Options
    5 or 6 smaller meals through the day helps keep a steady stream of intake and you'll be less likely to binge. :-)