From 315lbs to Zumba Instructor - Follow up!

Options
2»

Replies

• efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Very well done :)
  • smint2015
    smint2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep up the good work
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats on your success thus far!
  • saransaran
    saransaran Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for inspiring story and pictures! Great job!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! There's a Facebook page for Zumba instructors where we post before and after pics. It's very inspiring.
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would love to do something like this. Very inspiring!
  • Elsapop_1982
    Elsapop_1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring, Ive started my weightloss journey on MFP, ive got to lose around 170lbs.Excuse me for asking but did you suffer with alot of loose skin after your weightloss?.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful transformation and to now be an instructor. That is a goal of mine someday but at my age it would have to be for the older population. I sent you a private email. Hope to become friends.
  • celinetmika
    celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry, just seeing these comments now, for some reason I never got a notification from MFP that people were talking to me ;-)
    Thanks so much for the kind words. That was posted about 18 months ago now.
    I have kept all the weight off, I am still not where I want to be but working on it. Mostly I have spent the last year and a half building my Zumba classes. I am now very happy to teach 6 classes a week and things are going great. I teach regular Zumba and also Zumba Gold (low impact/lower intensity). I also became certified through AFAA as a group ex instructor and am now looking into teaching another kind of class in addition to Zumba.
    I am obviously loving it, and I encourage everybody to try Zumba or any other class that looks interesting to you. Try it! Worst case: you will have lost an hour of your life doing something different. Best case: you will find a passion.
    Dont hesitate to friend me!! :-)
  • Budgirl2455
    Budgirl2455 Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    B) Wooooo hoooo ~ Giddy Up!!!!!
  • Budgirl2455
    Budgirl2455 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    :) Congratulations on your hard work!!!!
  • celinetmika
    Options
    OP - first off great job.

You did this all with just exercise?

I was considering Zumba. Seems like mostly women go though - is that right or are there lots of men too?

Exercise and eating healthier. Not cutting anything off completely but less carbs mostly and less sugar/cookies etc.
    It is true that there is not a lot of men in Zumba, but there are some, and we love it! Don't worry about it, just go for it!!

• celinetmika
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring, Ive started my weightloss journey on MFP, ive got to lose around 170lbs.Excuse me for asking but did you suffer with alot of loose skin after your weightloss?.

Yes I do have some lose skin but I think that since I lifted weights too at the same time (and still do), that has helped. Also I still have weight to lose. ;-)
    I am at peace with it now, I dont worry about it and see it as the sign of my journey and that's ok, especially on the arms, which is what people see mostly.
    For the rest I wear Spanks a lot. hehe ;-)

Dont worry about it either, do your thing, take it one day at a time, one pound at a time. Friend me if you would like!
  • celinetmika
    Options
    Trishkit wrote: »
    @celinetmika, your progress is fantastic! Are you still teaching Zumba at BAC? I currently do it at LoveToMoveStudioz with Dar and Alicia, but I've found that every instructor has their own style. What's your dance style like? I tend to prefer more Latin moves. Cheers!

PMed you ;-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!