soda water

Options
i have recently started to diet to get healthy day 11 have lost 7lb on the first week but i have taken a shine to soda water with fresh fruit in, is this a bad thing as having 2 much soda & it can be 2 gassy, i don't want to have the bloated feeling or should i just fill up with normal water. ( not that keen on normal water & i don't like the flavoured bottle waters.

Replies

• nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    have you tried adding fruit, fresh herbs or cucumber to your water/ Lots of great ideas for flavoring your water if you look up detox water. I know in the summer time (and for a nice treat I will slice up lemon, lime and oranges and layer tem in my glass (give a little squeeze to get the juice going as well. A friend of mine got me hooked into cucumber, strawberries and mint (or cilantro leaves) in one. Frozen fruit (love sliced grapes) works pretty good to replace ice cubes and flavor water. I get to gassy from the carbonation, so I look for alternatives.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Love sparkling water - cheaper than still water here. Drink more than 1litre per day with no problems. Bubble, bubble, bubble.
  • siobhancollins90
    siobhancollins90 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    nonoark wrote: »
    Frozen fruit (love sliced grapes) works pretty good to replace ice cubes and flavor water.

I would never have thought of this! Do you just buy some grapes stick them in freezer then chop them in half and put in your water? Also can you eat them when you finisb your water or are they all mushed up?
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    The only "bad" thing about the soda water would be this "bloated feeling" you're getting. I find plain sparkling water/carbonated water better than soda water (it has salt added for flavour) as far as bloating goes - maybe try changing, you won't notice much difference.
  • lisagetslim
    lisagetslim Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you , i normally put slices of lemon in the soda water with chopped up grapes and sliced strawberry's nice to eat after, will defo change to sparkling water!! and try the cucumber added looking for all new ideas to try to add to water.