Epiphany- You need to read this

Options
While laying here in bed, insomnia prevailing, I was fixing up my farm on Farmville and hearing the infomercial for The Firm Express workout dvd in the background and I found myself getting irritated. I have been doing really well with eating better and getting my goals and priorities in check, but for the last week or so I admit that I was slipping, eating out more often than not, on top of it not making good decisions. I haven't even looked at the scale this week. I was even craving pizza while laying in bed and I don't even like pizza that much...

Anyways, I had a sudden epiphany. I have always wanted a beautiful wedding and thriving family, nice home, etc. Now, being older and having gone through way more in my 19 years than many people go through in 50 years, I realized that so many more things go along with wanting those things, more that play into it. I'm not talking about jobs and stable relationships, those have become obvious. I'm talking about those things almost everyone figures out AFTER they have children or know but think its unattainable. Health, true happiness, satisfaction, contentment... these are important to me. When I imagine the next 5 years, this is what I see in an ideal world.

Reliable and well paying jobs for one or both myself and my fiance
A home with a big yard, high ceilings, and granite countertops
My own personal dream wedding
Feeling and looking beautiful on my wedding day
Feeling confident while on our honeymoon
Getting pregnant within the 5 years
Having a healthy beautiful pregnancy
Having a healthy and beautiful baby
These may sound generic, but I really want these things. I find myself thinking that I cannot have them, that I am not worthy. Why? I don't know, but the epiphany I was talking about ealier was this... I CAN HAVE THESE THINGS! My self-confidence is what has been on the floor, not my worth. I have to work on always putting my goals and priorities first, everything else will fall where it is supposed to. In any time of weakness I need to be able to tell myself that I Can.

Everytime I look at my future in the brightest outlook, I picture granite countertops, not for what they are, but what they represent for me. When I think granite countertops, I see myself as having all those things listed above. It represents content. I see myself wiping down the counters with a smile, feeding my children breakfast before we rush them to school, setting out a freshly baked (healthy) apple pie to cool. I love that image, so I have decided to grasp on to it, my first step is to get a handle on my fitness, all else will fall in line and I will have those granite countertops.

:wink:

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I feel the same way :) You can do it!!!!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    You're right - you can have all of those things and you do deserve them. Stay focused on your goals and try to do something everyday that moves you closer. It doesn't have to be something big. Something small will work just as well - the important thing is that you keep moving yourself closer.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You will have those things. You seem to be a focused type of person.
    You may not have the granit countertops, but as long as you are with the person you love, and you are happy with yourself, all will be fine.
    Besides...you have quite a ways to go yet so don't fret.
    I'm getting ready for a birthday here soon and this is my last year of being in my 30s...LOL!
  • proudlioness
    proudlioness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! I think sometimes we get caught up into thinking that will power should be enough. That if we want it bad enough it will make all the temptation and weakness go away. I've learned the very hard and stubborn way that will power is not enough, not for me anyways. I don't want to speak for everyone who is obese, as I am, but I know for me I got this way for many other reasons than lack of will power. Most of it comes from self defeating thoughts and a low self image. Which is absurd because at the end of the day if I look back just on that day in particular I have much to be proud of and can truly see how blessed I am.
    So I've adopted the old saying, fake it till ya make it. Every morning I put in my ear buds to my mp3. I start listening to my list of inspiring yet up beat tempo songs and walk with my head high, shoulders back, and full steam ahead. I envision the pounds just melting off of me as I walk. I think about how awesome my body will feel when this extra 100 pounds is gone. In my mind I see what my amazing healthy body will look like, and I can't wait till that becomes a reality for me.
    There are so many articles out there about visualization, and how effective of a tool it is. I think it's great that we can add one more helpful tool to our bag of weight loss support.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You said it all in this sentence...

I have to work on always putting my goals and priorities first, everything else will fall where it is supposed to. In any time of weakness I need to be able to tell myself that I Can.

I'm 50 and I have the granite counter tops, and all of the other things on your list. It is all attainable if you set your goal and don't let anything or anyone get in the way. Every day take steps towards your goal... education, self-improvement, and focus will get you what you want:-)

PS... When you pick out your counter top, pick a lighter color. The dust shows up more on a dark surface, and when you get to a certain point, cleaning becomes a pain... Oh why don't you add a maid to your list! LOL
  • themotivatedmomster
    themotivatedmomster Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love the "fake it till you make it" quote, i have never heard that before. I think i will use that everyday as well. thank you.

and thank you for the advice on the counter tops, i will definitely do that.
  • kraussr
    kraussr Posts: 12
    Options
    Beautiful! I love you sweetcheeks! :D