Dinner Recipes With Eggs

Options
NIJen80
NIJen80 Posts: 2 Member
Does anyone have any dinner recipes that involve eggs? Want to do something different than omelettes.

Replies

• PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    lots of recipes out there for healthy crustless quiche
    you can use eggs like a fajita, just scramble eggs, cook up peppers onions and tomatos and top with salsa in a tortilla
    OI made turkey bacon and egg pizza before that was tasty
    There are peruvian recipes that use an egg on top of a burger as well as other entrees
    I've never looked or tried but I think t here are pastas that use eggs.

Eating Well is kind of my go to recipe site - they have many ways to use eggs
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_egg_recipes
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Macaroni cheese?
    Or cheesy leek crumble - cook leeks and place in ovenproof dish, pour over a mix of beaten eggs, plain yoghurt and grated cheese with seasoning added to taste, cover with breadcrumbs (even nicer with a little grated cheese mixed in) and bake for about half an hour.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Dont think of dinner as dinner and breakfast as breakfast. They are meals. Who says you cant eat what you were going to have to breakfast at dinner and vice versa? Its all food :)

We have brinner at least once a week because I love traditional breakfast foods but hate eating in the morning. Had french toast Tuesday night.

Scrambled eggs, ham and potatoes make a good dinner. I sometimes make waffles or pancakes served with sausage. I like to bake bread and make french toast with it.

Eggs are my go to when I don't have many calories. Two can be filling.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf and meatballs have eggs.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Egg curry, eggs benedict, carbonara, and noodle bowls are the first things I think of.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Oh, and how could I forget shakshouka! drn1craxt82a.jpg
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I like to make huevos rancheros smeared with some refried beans for dinner. Super quick and really good!
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You could make a burrito with scrambled eggs, veggies, beans, meat, salsa, etc. Those are good!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I just made a pizza frittata and it was AMAZING.

Standard frittata procedures but per egg use about 2 oz your favorite pizza veggies such as mushrooms, peppers, plus some pepperoni, tomato sauce, pizza cheese on top.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I love making scrambled egg bowls! Scramble two large eggs with 1/4 c. skim milk, cook, add chopped tomatoes, avocado and season to taste. My favorite!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Quiche, strata, and souffle come to mind.

• hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Aji de Gallina is really tasty.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    There's a Greek lemon egg soup, fried rice, egg foo young, pasta carbonara, Spanish tortilla...
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hot and soup soup has an egg stirred in
    Often find egg in a good bowl of ramen
    Bibimbap - Korean Rice bowl
    Sushi - tamago nigiri or maki
    in Fried Rice, Nasi Goring, Pad Thai etc...
    Fishy Pie has hard boiled eggs in it (Jamie Oliver recipe)
    Nicoise salad
  • debradugas9
    debradugas9 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Dont think of dinner as dinner and breakfast as breakfast. They are meals. Who says you cant eat what you were going to have to breakfast at dinner and vice versa? Its all food :)

I agree!!! I can eat anything all times of the day