Have I platteaued?

Options
I have managed to eat within my goal and I've ran on a regular basis. I didn't lose an ounce of weight this week and I measured exactly the same. How do I break this plateau?

Replies

• skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I would like to know that also. I haven't budged since the 10th of this month!!! I understand how you feel!!!! aaaaggghhh!!!!!!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    One week with no weight loss isn't what I would consider a plateau, if it has been working for you for a while just stick with what you are doing for now and if you see no change in another few weeks it's time to change things up.
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    shock your system. I ate bad for a few days and then got back on the wagon. It helped.
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Change something in your routine....be it the exercise or food. Little more or less should do the trick. Try something other than just running. You need to trick your body. After doing something for a period of time the body gets used to it.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scruz627
    scruz627 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm starting P90X on Monday. I know I'll gain muscle so may not see much of a difference on the scale but hopefully will see the change in measurements. I want results!
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    For all of you on this thread that think they are on a plateau....I was on one for 2.5 months. I felt amazing and my clothes were fitting better, but not scale change. Your body has to change everywhere not just on the scale. It changes on the inside and the outside. I waited 2.5 months then in 3 weeks I lost 9 pounds like it was my job. I also had a body comp done yesterday and to date have lost 24.5 pounds of fat and gained almost 7 pounds of muscle. Only netting me a 17 pound loss in 5 months. So dont get yourself down just keep exercising and loving it and when your body is ready it will show you whats up.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Thats not a plateau honey.......id say much much longer like at least a month or so....
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    I also had a body comp done yesterday

Sounds very interesting. Are you in the UK?
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    For all of you on this thread that think they are on a plateau....I was on one for 2.5 months. I felt amazing and my clothes were fitting better, but not scale change. Your body has to change everywhere not just on the scale. It changes on the inside and the outside. I waited 2.5 months then in 3 weeks I lost 9 pounds like it was my job. I also had a body comp done yesterday and to date have lost 24.5 pounds of fat and gained almost 7 pounds of muscle. Only netting me a 17 pound loss in 5 months. So dont get yourself down just keep exercising and loving it and when your body is ready it will show you whats up.

That is good to know! Thanks!!!
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi,

you need to shake it up a bit, either change your exercise routine or add a few more calories and you should start to see some more results.
    It worked for me..
  • fitrobb
    fitrobb Posts: 16
    Options
    You could take in more protein and less carbs for a while. If you are doing P90X, it will help your muscle recovery as well.
  • marilou32
    marilou32 Posts: 19
    Options
    Nah girl...I think your body is just adjusting. You have been steady going for many weeks now and like you said, you haven't weighed this much since high school....I think the rest of your body is just catching up. I remember when I first did kickboxing with my friend Trisha....I started seeing the weight loss a month after the 12 weeks was finished. I say just keep doing what your doing. With the P90X...that will be another change you body will go through. I bet the results will be way awesome! :)
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Thanks for this. I am going to keep this in mind if my little voice whispers "plateau" to me.

I find that my weight loss is in a sawtooth pattern--up a little, down, up a little down--with a downward trend. When it goes up or I haven't lost, I have to consciously avoid the temptation to cut back on calories eaten (I'm already close to 1200 per day, so cutting back would put me under), because I know that strategy doesn't actually work.

Which, by the way, is something to think about if you think you've plateaued. There are a number of threads on here about not eating exercise calories and/or going below the baseline count in response to a perceived plateau. I find it useful to review those from time to time.
  • dominionite
    dominionite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been here and done all this before (lost it all - gained it all back); the first time around i was on a plateau for what felt like forever... it's your body readjusting, but it can also be you (do not take this personnally)... i hit a plateau at 201 lbs, stayed there for 2.5 months... then a friend asked... "how long has it been since you've been under 200 lbs? maybe you have cold feet"... that was all it took for me to realize that was exactly MY problem. i turned my routine upside down and did the job. I hope that helps someone :)
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options

that's very true too! I didn't move on the scale for a month. then the next month, even though I didn't gain or lose still, my clothes were getting bigger still (I was shrinking again). I was gaining muscle just as I was losing fat.