Is this an obtainable goal?

Options
Couleesmi
Couleesmi Posts: 378 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
syugja7egvo4.jpeg
Im 5'1" and I'm currently 185lbs (5lbs down within two weeks already!) but I'm going on a cruise the beginning of July. I'd really like to be down to my first goal of 150lbs (125lbs being my final goal)

I have been using MFP for the last couple weeks and have lost 5lbs already. But I will be incorporating 20-30minutes of working out (Jillian Michaels 30day shred) a day, as well as eating well and trying to stay under my calorie goals..
Do you think that my goal is obtainable by July? I feel like 150lbs is forever away :( *sigh*

Replies

• reddeament
    reddeament Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think it's attainable but will be tough. Also, it gets harder the closer you get to your goal - so probably after like 30 pounds you'll need to up the ante by exercising more or switching it up (I find my weight loss plateaued slightly so I "kicked it up a notch" by switching up my diet more and doing more weights to build muscle so that I burn more fat when I'm resting)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is a good rate of loss so you should be able to lose 20lbs by July.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    That goal is aggressive for your time frame.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If 150lbs seems so far away then break it down. Aim for 5lbs your first 4 weeks. Then set another smaller goal. It will be more achievable and stop you feeling like it is so far off.
  • Couleesmi
    Options
    If 150lbs seems so far away then break it down. Aim for 5lbs your first 4 weeks. Then set another smaller goal. It will be more achievable and stop you feeling like it is so far off.

That's a good idea.. I gues I've just never really tried to lose weight before, so 30 some lbs seems like a whooole lot lol..
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    You are short, so your TDEE is just lower to start with. 1 pound a week is more realistic. If you got a lot of steps in you would have a better chance. Anything to up your daily activity (unless your job is already an active one). I don't mean crazy amounts of exercise, just things like walking more often throughout the day.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • Couleesmi
    Options
    You are short, so your TDEE is just lower to start with. 1 pound a week is more realistic. If you got a lot of steps in you would have a better chance. Anything to up your daily activity (unless your job is already an active one). I don't mean crazy amounts of exercise, just things like walking more often throughout the day.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Thanks for the link! I'm a waitress and I work 4-6 hours 5 days a week.. So I guess it's pretty active.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    not impossible, but highly unlikely.
  • Couleesmi
    Options
    I guess I'm gonna go for it anyways. (:
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    its not impossible but make sure you take measurements too as there will be times you may not have lost weight but will have lost inches
    I aim for 2lb a week loss but I am happy when I lose 1lb a weeks - at least the numbers are going down, however slowly
    and again small goals are key, i.e. bmi range weight, every 5lbs, etc