Building muscle and gaining weight

I've been doing cardio 3-4 times a week, alternating between the elliptical and the treadmill (usually with resistance or incline) I've also been going to an indoor rock wall gym 3 times a week. I know muscle weighs more than fat but my weight is higher up 4 lbs and not budging. I still have a good 20-30lbs to lose and I'm getting so frustrated. My pants aren't feeling looser I'm not seeing any change. I've been exercising (cardio) since November and haven't lost a single pound! I hardly ever have take out and cook fresh meals eat breakfast watch the sugar. Help!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    If you've been eating the same since November and haven't lost, you need to lower your calories. November was 3+ months ago, which is way more time than needed to determine if you are eating in a calorie deficit.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    "you can't out-train a bad diet". Are you tracking your calories? I agree with @jemhh
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 257 Member
    Are you tracking every bite? Is your macros consist or calorie intake? Drinking enough water? Do you have any cheat meals or days? There can be a lot of different factors.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Are you accurately logging your food? It doesn't matter how healthy it is (at least from a weight loss perspective) if you're eating more than you need.

It doesn't matter how much you exercise if you're consuming more calories than you're expending, unless you've been doing some serious weight lifting it's unlikely that you're put on much muscle.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Yeh - exercise is way over-rated for weight loss. Diet is the key. Keep carbs below 100 grams/day and count your calories to stay in a deficit.