New to MyFitnessPal

Options
I'm Ashley. I've been doing the Venus program for 6 weeks now and I've heard (aka read) a lot about this app and I'm checking it out to see if it will fit me better than the loose it app. I only need to loose about 30 pounds but that seems like so much.

Replies

• btreatcpa
    btreatcpa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped both. I've had pretty good success when I'm on both. Fitness pal is great for counting calories, better than anything I've looked at. I also like the ease of Venus. It works in shedding the inches. I have about 30 lbs to go but it didn't all come on in a month or two so I don't expect it to go off in that amount of time.

What I found really works is the 12-16 hour fast.

Good luck
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley! You will love this app. I am down 86 pounds using it to log my food daily. Feel free to add me!
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ashley,
    I love this app and recommend it to all my friends - but what I have found is that nothing works perfectly for everyone. I think you just have to find your "Niche" and go with what works for you.
    Here is what I love about MFP: (I've lost 60lbs and kept it off for nearly two years)
    1. Counting calories works even without exercise.
    2. I refuse to give up any food group. I love all types of foods including carbs and will eat them every day. I just have to count them in my daily calories
    3. HUGE database of foods with calories/nutritional values already broken down for me.
    4. I make most all my food at home from scratch so I can put the exact ingredients in the system and know precisely the calorie and nutritional values without guessing.
    5. I plan my meals a full day ahead usually, so I add all my meals at the start of the day and it's easier to stick with the plan.
    6. When having leftovers (which I do often) I don't have to add each thing again and be tied to the app. I just click, the quick add from the day before.
    I hope this helps.
    Good luck with your weight loss. Dieting is not fun, but I think MFP at least makes it a little easier.