TOP motivation ideas

Options
I have been cheating on my diet all week. i want to feel better about myself and lose the weight but my depression and anxiety is getting in the way. so i'd like to know from everybody what is the #1 THING that is motivating you to stay on track and lose the weight??
thanks! :)

Replies

• woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Getting healthy to keep up with my 22 months old niece and my new niece or nephew when s/he is born later this year.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    The family pictures from my sister's wedding.....I've always felt like I ruined them because everyone else looks so healthy and normal-sized. That was the first time I felt that others were possibly affected by my weight too. (I'm not from a materialistic family and they would feel really sad if they knew I felt that I ruined the pictures, but I can't help how I feel....)
  • mlpisme1992
    Options
    The #1 things that keeps me going is knowing that I will be here longer for my kids, grand kids, great grand kids. I'm only 37 and know that by doing something now to better myself I will be here longer for those I love. Even if I don't have the grand kids yet, and don't want for a long time. :0)
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a big cork board filled with things that motivate me, other peoples stories, pictures etc. It hangs above my vanity - I can check in on my goals every morning as I get ready for the day. It helps me stay on track or get back on a better path after a bad day.

The cheating becomes less rewarding (even in the moment) when you see your goals getting farther away.
  • faithray0708
    Options
    My motivation is that, the more I eat ( especially unhealthy foods) the worse I feel about myself. If I start small, and eat healthy one day, and feel good- I eat healthy the next day and feel even better. It's like a snowball effect. the more you do well, the better you feel. Even if it isn't showing you any weight loss at the very beginning. It WILL start to help. It only took me a about a week or two, and I was on track and feeling great. I have lost 9 lbs.
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    thank you yall! i'm gonna put pics and hang up old clothes that don't fit in my room for motivation
  • deenie169
    deenie169 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A few things motivate me to run & watch what I eat
    1. My summer wardrobe
    2. Feeling confident in my bod& (I don't care if I ever have Cameron Diaz' or Jillian Michaels' body, i want to feel good in *my* body.
    3. My mental state: I'm happier when I am active and not having sugarbinges or eating because of how I feel.
    4. Being afraid of some of the diseases that plague people who are overweight: diabetes, heart disease, etc.
    5. Stamina: when I'm fit I get to keep moving more and that builds momentum!

I hope that you are gentle with yourself and recognize that the seed of motivation is willingness and you really just need a tiny bit of willingness and some action to get to the point that you feel motivated.
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    ty :)
  • bossymom
    bossymom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I want to live to see my grandchildren. And, oh yeah....I want to look good in my jeans,too. :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    the main thing that keeps me going is to lower my blood sugar levels and blood pressure because i'm diabetic and hypertensive at the same time. plus i had a hard time shopping for clothes because i live in asia wherein the majority of the population are slimmer and therefore the clothes sizes are smaller and that i have to go to the more expensive shops like either european boutiques or somewhere that sells plus-sized clothes and i didn't like it. now although i'm still look somewhat bigger than the majority (no thanks to my bigger bone structure) but at least i can now shop at any stores
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My friends were my motivation. Seeing people close to me who had benefited from losing weight and being healthy inspired me, and it motivates me to keep going because I can see it can be done and they are much happier for it. I also feel more clear headed these days whereas I look back and I feel quite smoggy. Hard to explain but once you've started you will want to carry on!
    Look to others for inspiration and motivation, before and after pictures and ultimately success!
    Good luck!
  • ashirsch
    ashirsch Posts: 8
    Options
    Just being able to post my food calories and exercises on here help me. If I exercised and stayed under my calories for the day, I feel motivated for tomorrow. If I lost a pound or two, even better.